Best Albums of the Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

1. Bop City 3: The Girl Who Cried Purple – Terror Jr

The electronic pop trio just dropped their third album, which is actually the second album they have released this year. When you focus on the lyrics, all of these tracks seem to be about a breakup or troubled relationship, but the music makes the songs fun and catchy. Make sure you listen to “Holding Your Tongue” and “IDK + IDC.”

[source]

2. The Hype – Hoodie Allen

This is the rapper’s fourth and arguably best album. These are all very upbeat songs, including the sadder ones, such as “Heartbreak.” The strongest tracks are “Ain’t Ready,” “Mad,” and “Sushi.” Another fan favorite is “Fakin,” which is more rap-esque than Hoodie’s usual hits.

[source]

3. Younger Now – Miley Cyrus

Yes, you heard correctly – Miley is back! This record is wildly different than Bangerz or Miley and Her Dead Petz, but also not very similar to her first few pop albums. That said, the album is full of strong tracks, and a few songs that are more emotional, such as “Miss You So Much” or the title track, “Younger Now.” She even has a duet with Dolly Parton, called “Rainbowland.” Make sure you give it a listen.

[source]

Her Campus GCSU Campus Correspondent. Senior Mass Communication major with a focus in Journalism. Cat mom, writer, avid concert-goer, iced coffee addict.