Back to School Survival Kit 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

This semester Her Campus was nice enough to send us some almost Bobcat essentials. Check out what HC GCSU got in our Back to School Survival Kit 2015!

Our first essential is this killer tote from MZ Wallace. The Chelsea tote  is roomy, durable nylon, and comes with an extension strap. This tote has an adorable red inside making it the perfect way to carry all your school stuff on light class days! Shop it now at www.mzwallace.com/campus

To decorate our binders, we received stickers from She’s the First. She’s the First provides scholarships to girls in low-income countries, fostering first-generation graduates and cultivating the next generation of global leaders. They have lots of chapters around college campuses, so it is worth looking into you are passionate about education! Learn more at https://www.shesthefirst.org/. We would also like to thank My Social Canvas for the stickers they sent also. My Social Canvas is New York City-based social enterprise fashion brand that involves students and emerging designers in creating apparel collections for a cause. You can learn more about how to get involved at this address: http://mysocialcanvas.com/

We also received information about The Clinton Foundation’s No Ceilings: The Full Participation Project to inspire us to give back. The Full Participation Project: No Ceilings: The Full Participation Project is an initiative of the Clinton Foundation that works to advance and inspire the full participation of girls and women in the 21st century. While we have seen significant progress in the last 20 years, we are not there yet when it comes to gender equality in the U.S. or around the world. You can get involved by visiting  www.noceilings.org

To sweeten our favorite drinks without a ton of sugar, HC sent us ZingTM Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener. ZingTM Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener is made with stevia leaf extract and pure cane sugar. You get all the sweetness of real sugar without the bitter aftertaste of sweetener. Not to mention, it makes us feel good about ourselves. Check it out at https://www.zingstevia.com/

In order to get our craft on, we received Martha Stewart Crafts glitter glue and paint. These captivating colors are going to be perfect for DIYs that we can share with our readers.  You can shop Martha Stewart Crafts at Michael’s or at http://www.eksuccessbrands.com/marthastewartcrafts/

TRESemmé and NYC New York Color sent us items to help with our beauty routine.  TRESemmé sent Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray & Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam to help us style our hair effortlessly. The Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray has a lightweight formula to give hair a sexy, tousled texture for coveted beachy waves. The Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam is infused with Sea Kelp Extract and will create soft, natural movement for effortless, bouncy waves that are full of body and never stiff or sticky. These products work awesome if you choose to air dry your hair!

NYC New York Color sent their line of City Proof 24HR Waterproof Eyeshadow & Eye Primer. The City Proof 24HR Waterproof Eyeshadow is a chubby, waterproof eyeshadow that delivers vibrant color for up to 24HR wear! In eleven on-trend shades perfect for any look, just twist, glide, and go! The eye primer is in a chubby stick form also, but provides extended wear for regular eyeshadow.

To keep us reading things other than textbooks, Penguin Random House sent us chapter samples of their new books We Were Liars and Every Day. We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from New York Times bestselling author, National Book Award finalist, and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart. In Every Day readers meet A, a teen who wakes up every morning in a different body, living a different life. It’s all fine until A meets Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone to love — day in, day out, day after day. Every Day is a New York Times bestseller by author David Levithan.  Look out for both of these books in stores!

To keep our energy up we received Chipotle BOGO card and Five Hour Energy Shots. We can’t wait to put these to good use for all the all nighters we will have to endure during the rest of the semester. 

Finally, to give our rooms a little color, Her Campus sent us the HCXO Exclusive Pennant. Get a matching on in the Her Campus Shop at http://www.hercampusshop.com/

We can’t wait to put all of these amazing items to good use! Thank you so much to Her Campus and all of our amazing sponsors! If you pick up any of these products hashtag #HCSurvivalKits and #GettingBackGivingBack

Shelby Smith is an English major with a concentration in creative writing at Georgia College & State University. She hopes to write the next great American novel one day while becoming a #girlboss. Shelby loves Pinterest, hedgehogs, organizational supplies, and has a mild obsession with makeup. You can follow her on Instagram @shelbysmilege.