Atlanta’s Best Coffee Shops

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Coffee is a staple in the lives of college girls. Whether it’s a quick pick-me-up from Starbucks, Dunkin’, or a locally-brewed beverage, getting our hands on a cup of coffee is an essential part of the day for many of us. Here in Milledgeville Blackbird is our cozy little coffee shop, but when you leave school to go home, where can you find another place like it? Here are four coffee houses in the Atlanta area that will surely satisfy your caffeine cravings!

1. Cool Beans Coffee Roasters – Marietta, GA

Located right off of the square, Cool Beans roasts and sells their own coffee beans to the population of Marietta. They’ve got an extensive menu of espresso drinks – hot AND cold – pastries, teas, and house specials. What’s unique about Cool Beans is their artwork – they have an entire sitting room with Van Gogh’s “Starry Night” painted on the walls, as well as interesting artwork hanging throughout the shop. 

2. Octane Coffee – Atlanta, GA

Octane may look tiny from the outside, but it’s so spacious behind those brick walls. Filled with friendly baristas and busy Georgia Tech students, Octane provides high-quality, handcrafted espresso beverages roasted from their own beans. The main location is in Westside Atlanta, but they also have coffee bars in Grant Park, Buckhead and the Woodruff Arts Center so you can get your Octane fix in different areas around the city.

3. Copper Coin Coffee – Woodstock, GA

Copper Coin is downtown Woodstock’s supplier of quality coffee and delicious pastries. Its sleek interior makes it a desirable and luxurious place to work, read, or just sip white satin mochas. Their Brookhaven location even serves breakfast, lunch and alcohol (to those who are of age). 

4. Land of 1000 Hills – Roswell, GA 

In the heart of Roswell lies Land of 1000 Hills, and it is a coffee house in the purest sense. Don’t let its small stature fool you – it has plenty of seating, beautiful decor and cozy couches on the inside. LOTH provides quality coffee in a french press or pour over and boasts the prettiest latte art. If it’s nice outside, be sure to sit on their patio and enjoy a Rwandan Chill. 

Her Campus GCSU Campus Correspondent. Senior Mass Communication major with a focus in Journalism. Cat mom, writer, avid concert-goer, iced coffee addict.