This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

We all have heard stories and seen movies about psychopathic serial killers who have no emotion, but being an actual psychopath is more complicated than that. Google defines psychopath as, “a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.” However, Professor Kevin Dutton of the University of Oxford, a psychopathic personality expert, says it goes deeper than that. While psychopathy causes individuals “to display anti-social behavior, lack of empathy and remorse, and fearless dominance,” psychopathy is measured on a scale, therefore we all have these qualities somewhat. For example, just because you have a higher psychopathy percentage, doesn’t necessarily mean you are a serial killer. People express their psychopathy in different ways. I was very surprised when I took Professor Dutton’s quiz and was given the score of 64% psychopathic, which is lower than Charles Dickens & Adolf Hitler, but higher than William Shakespeare & Margaret Thatcher.

Try the quiz for yourself and see what percent psychopath you are at this link.