9 Amazing Products to Help You Through the Mid-Semester Slump

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

We all know what time of the year it is—the mid semester slump. The weather is cooling down and mid-terms zapped every bit of knowledge and energy you have. We all want to give up, get under a blanket, and watch Lifetime movies until we never have to college again. Luckily, these great products (that we are GIVING away) will help you make it out of the mid-semester slump alive and refreshed.

The best way to beat the slump is to have a little downtime and a good laugh. Becky Simpson’s The Roommate Book and Sarah Anderson’s Adulthood is a Myth are the perfect books for a good laugh. They are easy to read a small bit in between homework assignments and have great images. Simpson teaches you how to deal with your roommates in an amusing way while Anderson keeps it real with her comics about adulthood.

With the colder weather, we love taking our favorite coffee to those 9 AM classes. However, we do not enjoy leaky cups that won’t fit in our backpack. The next time you make your favorite brew, add it to a CamelBak Forge Divide Mug. It’s insulated, leak proof, and easy to clean. Keep the cap closed for quick sips, or wide open when gulping during that boring lecture. Either way all the coffee will end in your stomach rather than your backpack.

When in the slump, you have to force yourself to leave the comfort of home. The perfect way to get out of the house is to go support your fellow Bobcats. Get #GameDayGlam with Flying Coloring Apparel. They have fashionable and flirty outfits for your next game day! Make sure to select blue and green to rock game day every day.

After hitting the books hard for your next test, it is important to have some me time. The best way to have some me time is to do a great face mask. Freeman Beauty has a variety of masks to try for every skin type. Feeling dry? Try the Cucumber Peel Off mask. Clogged pores? Try the Apple Cider Vinegar 4-in-1 Foaming Clay mask. If you want to up the ante, try multi-masking to tackle all your problem areas.  

Everybody can get yeast infections, but the worst time is during the slump. Rather than feeling frustrated and in pain, get your hands on Monistat Complete Care Instant Itch Relief Cream. It’s prescription strength and starts curing on contact, so you’ll be back to normal in no time.

A good fragrance is enough to brighten anyone’s day which is why we love Juicy Couture’s new scent, I ♥ JUICY COUTURE! This must-have fragrance has notes of mandarin, jasmine and patchouli making it a great day time fragrance during the day. Need a pick me up? Smell your wrist for this amazing scent.

Nothing is worse than not having a time to shave your legs and then having to go out. Rather than slumping at home, throw on L’eggs Sheer Energy Sheer Panty Medium Support in black sheer. Not only does this hosiery cover up unshaven legs, it provides support with no panty lines. They are the best thing to put under your favorite LBD for a quick night out!

To avoid staying in the mid-semester slump for too long, refresh your makeup routine with great Rimmel London makeup products. The 24HR Curler Mascara is sure to keep your lashes black and curled all night long with no flaking. Break out of your comfort zone with the Colour Precise Eyeliner in blue. This eyeliner has bold color and all day wear making it a perfect pairing with the mascara.

Finally, remain safe 24/7 with the new WearSafe Adventure Box that includes the WearSafe Tag and 6 months of service. The WearSafe Tag is a discreet personal safety button that automatically connects you with family at the push of a button. Think of it as Life Alert, but for college students. The tag also sends audio, so your protectors can make a conscious decision of how to help you.

All these products are sure to break you out of the mid-semester slump and give you a great semester. The best part of all of this is that Her Campus GCSU is giving away all the products mentioned in this article! In order to enter, check out the giveaway tab on our Facebook page. The giveaway will run from October 11th to October 18th, so be sure to enter quickly in order to win! 

Shelby Smith is an English major with a concentration in creative writing at Georgia College & State University. She hopes to write the next great American novel one day while becoming a #girlboss. Shelby loves Pinterest, hedgehogs, organizational supplies, and has a mild obsession with makeup. You can follow her on Instagram @shelbysmilege.