7 Signs it’s Homecoming Week at Georgia College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Bobcats, it’s that time of year again. You know what I’m talking about. Yik Yak is full of people complaining about the fountain being compromised of various organizations trying to promote canditates for Homecoming King and Queen, Georgia College is trying to find a new way to “surprise” the students with who will be performing at the Homecoming Concert, and pretty soon, white tents will be up by Centennial Center before the big basketball games. 

Here at HerCampus GCSU, we know how much students either love or hate this week, so we’ve compiled a list of inevitable signs telling us that it’s Homecoming Week.

1. Anyone not a part of Greek Life avoids the fountain like the plague.

2. People in Greek Life don’t understand why no one wants free stuff because they wish they could have the food and candy.

3. GCSU only has enough Homecoming shirts for maybe 500 people.

4. Like most things at GCSU, the concert will either be really crowded or no one will show up.

5. The bottom of your shoes will turn different colors from the chalk on the sidewalks.

6. The pawprints in the Centennial Center parking lot get a makeover. 

7. Everyone is preparing themselves for Tent City.

You can visit the homecoming website for a full list of events and times.

Tina is a senior English major at Georgia College, with a concentration in creative writing and a minor in French. She loves cats even though she is allergic to them, staying in bed all day and watching Netflix, and nail polish. She hopes that she will be a published author one day and also wants to teach college English. She is an active member of Kappa Delta Sorority (Eta Mu chapter), and green is her favorite color. You can follow her on twitter at @teenz_ng