6 Grey’s Anatomy Quotes to Get You Through Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Who else better to get us through finals week than the cast that knows nothing but tragedy? 

1. “Oh, screw beautiful, I’m brillant.” 

Go into finals confident and you’ll be sure to ace them!

2. “Failure is inevitable, unavoidable but failure should never get the last word. You have to hold on to what you want. You have to not take no for an answer and take what’s coming to you. Never give in, never give up. Stand up. Stand up and take it.” 

And if you don’t pass, have a wine night with your person and try again next semester. Don’t give up. 

3. “There’s an end to every storm. Once all the trees have been uprooted. Once all the houses have been ripped apart. The wind will hush. The clouds will part. The rain will stop. The sky will clear in an instant and only then, in those quiet moments after the storm, do we learn who was strong enough to survive it.” 

Accept the fact that finals are awful, but also remember it’s only one week out of the semester and you’ll survive.

4. “We’re all susceptible to it. The dread and anxiety of not knowing what’s coming. It’s pointless in the end. Because all the worrying, and all the making of plans for things that could, or could not happen, it only makes things worse. So walk your dog. Or take a nap. Just, whatever you do, stop worrying. Because the only cure for paranoia, is to be… here… just as you are.” 

Don’t worry about finals 24/7, it will wear you out. Make sure you take breaks from studying and have some fun with your friends (maybe just dinner and not drinks).

5. “We have to sweep today’s possibility under tomorrow’s rug, until we can’t anymore, until we finally understand for ourselves, what Benjamin Franklin meant: That knowing, is better than wondering. That waking, is better than sleeping. And that even the biggest failure, even the worst, most intractable mistake, beats the hell out of never trying.” 

As long as you tried your best and you did it, then finals week was a success.

6. “Fresh starts. Thanks to the calendar, they happen every year. Just set your watch to January. Our reward for surviving the holiday season, is a new year. Bringing on the great tradition of New Year’s resolutions. Put your past behind you, and start over.”

When it’s over, put finals behind you and celebrate the new semester with a dance party. Then jump into your classes and finals will be easier next year! 

Hi Her Campus readers! I'm a Senior Mass Communications major, Netflix fanatic and everything caramel-based lover. You can always find me hanging out with my friends, watching Grey's Anatomy, eating Barberitos or doing all three at the same time! I'm Social Media/Public Relations chair for both Her Campus and CURE GC and love to support other organizations on campus that I have a passion for. I hope one day to go on a mission trip before my "big girl life" starts and then either do Public Relations for an amazing company close to my heart, like Her Campus or CURE, or open a clothing store of my own and donate a cut of the profits to different charitites each month. However for now, I'm going to take it day-by-day and enjoy what's left of my college career! XO, Katelyn.