This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

With less than 12 days left in the semester summer is approaching us. With summer for some, comes the never ending boredom of nothing to do while school is out. To help counteract those blues, and avoid slipping into the dreaded want of school to come back around instead of enjoying your summer, try adopting a hobby. Hobbies can add a flare of entertainment to your life, not just during the summer, but in general. It gives you something to do, and maybe something you can share with others if you find that it is really important to you. 

Here I have complied 6 unique hobbies that you can adopt this summer and hopefully keep well after, if you really like it. 

Via: giphy

1. Photography

It doesn’t matter what type of camera you use, whether it’s your phone, a digital camera, or a Polaroid. Have your friends model for you; take artistic photos of random items around town. 

Via: giphy

2. Antique shopping

You don’t have to buy anything at the antique store, but there is something about antique shopping that seems so relaxing. So if you are looking for a relaxing hobby to do, this could be it for you. Maybe you will find something that you could re-purpose and make into something that you could really be proud of and use. 

Via: giphy

3. Journaling

This is a more therapeutic hobby you could adopt. Journal about your past semester, any worries, how your next semester will go, or whatever direction in life you are choosing to pursue. This is a hobby I hope one would keep for years to come. 

Via: giphy

4. Blogging

Blogging is a similar hobby like journaling, but it’s on the internet. Make this public, and have fun with it. Blog your summer and show everyone how you’re feeling. 

Via: giphy

5. Crafting of any sort

I think crafting is a good hobby for anyone to do. Whether it’s with paper and scissors, or yarn and a needle, craft however you see fit. 

Via: giphy

6. Nature watching 

Nature watching is really just about enjoying what Mother Nature has to offer. Go for a walk in the park, sit outside and just bask in the sun and listen to the birds sing. You can also bundle any of the other hobby suggestions above and take them outside with you. 

I hope these hobby ideas are good suggestions as you enter summer. Good luck with finals Bobcats, and try not to stress too much!

Mariah is a senior psychology major, who has aspirations to work in the library science field. She enjoys listening to music and making playlists, playing board games, and crafting. She enjoys writing for Her Campus because it gives her the chance to share unconventional articles that would otherwise not be published, while at the same time promoting female empowerment.