5 Ways to Look Good When You’re Running Late

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

I am in a constant state of lateness. I don’t think it’s wrong to enjoy sleep, I just have a hard time putting class before getting five more minutes. (It’s a problem, I know). But, as I am late so often, I have mastered the art of managing to look halfway decent in zero time. So, I am passing my tips on to you. Use them wisely. 

1. Invest in some decent dry shampoo. I use Living Proof: Perfect Hair day Dry Shampoo that I got at my local Sephora. I find that, unlike other dry shampoos, it doesn’t leave my hair crunchy. It makes my hair feel clean, rather than just look clean. 
  2. Now that your hair looks presentable, put it up in a bun. I know that might be counter-intuitive, but if you take a second to put your hair in a neat sock bun, then it will make a world of difference. Especially since you haven’t taken the time to straighten or even brush it. 
  3. Lay out your clothes before you go to bed! I cannot stress to you the importance of this one. This has saved my butt on a number of occasions. Even if you feel like you get up early enough to not need to lay out your clothes, please, just do it. You never plan to oversleep… it just happens. 
  4. Skip the makeup. If you’re super late you don’t have time to worry about your face. I promise you’re beautiful without it. If you insist that you cannot leave without makeup, then just focus on your problem areas. For me, that’s usually under-eye bags, skin dryness, and problematic red spots. What I will usually do is apply face lotion and let that set while I frantically spray my hair with dry shampoo. It might help to even whip out your hair drier to hasten this process. Next, I apply concealer under my eyes and on the red areas. Use your sponge to blend it into your skin. Then I’ll use some tinted chapstick and I’m good to go. 
  5. Make a quick cup of coffee to bring with you. ‘Cause how can you be late if you’ve had time to grab some coffee? 

Well, that’s all folks! I hope these help you in your final weeks of the semester, but if you’re so late that these quick tips aren’t an option, don’t stress, we’ve all had those days. Sometimes, those 8 AMs just require yoga pants and an oversized shirt. I wish you all the best of luck! 

Image sources: giphy, Sephora, birch box, Pinterest, Tumblr,and Pinterest. 

Lindsey Poe is a Senior English Literature major, Spanish minor here at Georgia College. She loves coffee, Pinterest, peach rings, House M.D., and late night easy mac. In her free time she enjoys taking naps, reading, crafting, and stalking adoptable dogs online. You can follow her on Instagram @linzpoe.