5 Ways to Feel and Look More On Point

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

As a second semester senior, I’ve learned a few tips and tricks into feeling like you actually know what you’re doing in college. Here’s some collegiette life hacks to help you feel and look more put together when you really don’t: 

1.  Freshly Painted NailsThere’s a very specific pleasure in having your nails painted, especially on those first few days when it hasn’t chipped yet. Even just filing or buffing them is enough to make you feel better than just leaving your nails ripped or that chipped glitter nail polish from the holidays.
  2. Clean HairI’m not saying you have to wash your hair every single day, but there is a point when dry shampoo won’t help anymore. Washing it after that third (or fourth…or fifth) day will make you feel a million times better than just putting it in a defeated struggle bun and/or ponytail. 
  3. Statement NecklacesPaired with a solid or patterned shirt, these necklaces really give off the “I’m an Adult, I know what I’m doing” vibe! Pair a statement necklace with more minimal accessories and you’ve got that effortlessly cool style without really trying.
  4. Dark JeansSometimes the very act of putting on jeans instead of leggings or yoga pans is a monumental choice for your Outfit of the Day. Darker hued jeans are universally flattering and look super classy when tucked into boots or pegged with flats. 
  5. Cooking Your Own FoodWhether you’re finally cooking that Pinterest recipe that you’ve always wanted to try or packing your own lunch instead of getting your usual at Chick-Fil-A or Subway, making your own meals gives you a sense of control over your life. It’s also a great way to eat healthier and save money!
Cat enthusiast, iced coffee addict, and strong believer in the Oxford comma.