5 Things to Get You Excited for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Whether we’d like to admit it, fall is quickly approaching. Pretty soon, we’ll have to stop going to the pool in between classes, and we won’t be able to sunbathe on front campus anymore. Classes have already become difficult, you’re already binge watching Orange is the New Black when you should be studying for your first test or writing your first paper of the year, grocery stores already have candy out for Halloween, you’ve begun counting down the days until Thanksgiving break, and Starbucks is already selling their pumpkin spice lattes. It’s like you look down for five minutes to take in the beginning of the school year, and all of a sudden it’s midterm week. Believe me, I know the feeling.

School aside, autumn is one of my favorite seasons because the air just seems to become lighter and crisper. All of a sudden, trees aren’t just green—their leaves are painted with yellows, oranges, and reds. Also, I get to break out my leggings after a long spring and summer. As much as I love wearing Nike shorts, t-shirt, and Chacos, I love wearing leggings, boots, and cardigans even more.

Since I love fall so much, I wanted to share five things that will help you get excited about for fall (besides leggings, but come on, you know you can’t wait to wear them again).

1. Essie’s Fall 2014 Line

Okay, you can hate me because this is nail polish, but I don’t care because I love Essie. Their product is long-lasting, let’s be real, they have the best colors. Haters to the left.

2. Georgia’s Annual Sate Fair

The state fair is going to be running from September 26th until October 5th. It’s the perfect place for a date or a night out with friends. Two words: funnel cake. Enough said.

3. No more sweating while you walk to classes

I live in an apartment that’s about four blocks away from campus, and I walk to and from class every day. As much as I love the exercise, I hate how much I sweat from just walking around for 10 minutes. I think we’re all a little tired of all this Georgia humidity, so it’ll be nice to walk around without getting drenched in sweat as soon as you leave your front door.

4. Scarf season

Some of my favorite accessories are my scarves. I’m ready for the weather to cool down so I can finally break them out again!

5. Daylight Savings Time

The saying goes “fall back, spring forward.” On November 2nd  we finally get to set our clocks back an hour. That means an extra hour of sleep. I don’t know anyone who isn’t excited about that.

To all of you self-proclaimed beach bums out there, I hope this list cheers you up just a little bit. Maybe you this will help you learn to love fall as much as I do.

Tina is a senior English major at Georgia College, with a concentration in creative writing and a minor in French. She loves cats even though she is allergic to them, staying in bed all day and watching Netflix, and nail polish. She hopes that she will be a published author one day and also wants to teach college English. She is an active member of Kappa Delta Sorority (Eta Mu chapter), and green is her favorite color. You can follow her on twitter at @teenz_ng