This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Much like Lana Del Ray’s beloved song “Summertime Sadness”, there is a certain grossness about Spring Semester that nearly every collegiette must endure after Spring Break is over. While nothing can beat shamelessly binging Friends or House of Cards on Netflix without consequence or hanging at the beach with your friends, there are plenty of fun things to look forward to after Spring Break! Here are some of the loveliest things about Spring to get excited for:

1. Wearing Skirts and Dresses AgainAs much as I love being able to wear jeans and leggings for weeks and the small joy of wearing thrift store grandpa-type sweaters, come March and April, I get absurdly excited about wearing dresses. Spring also incites my obsession with florals and pastels again! After three months of wearing moody dark colors, pretty patterns and colors make getting ready for class a bit more exciting! And for those struggle days, neon Nike shorts are a tied-and-true classic. 
  2. Front Campus Will Be Green Again!Nothing beats relaxing between classes on front campus. Lately, it’s been looking a little beige in the past few months but it will return to its full glory soon! And who doesn’t want to take a classic collegiette selfie with our beautiful campus?
  3. Music FestivalsWith Sounds of the South coming to Milledgeville in late March, Shaky Knees in Atlanta in May, and Bonnaroo in Tennessee in June, music festivals are a great way to motivate yourself to get through the rest of the semester! 
  4. GAME OF THRONESWith nearly a year between seasons, Game of Thrones is arguably the Biggest Deal Ever when it comes to epic fantasy programs, awesome female characters, and shows featuring dragons. Whether your inner GOT spirit animal is the feisty Arya, cunning Danaerys, or icy Cersei, Game of Thrones is an awesome show and pretty much what everyone will be talking about for a while. 
  5. Summer and Graduation!With a little bit more than a month left of classes, daydreaming about summer and the blissful freedom from 8 AM classes or ungodly amounts of papers is a tempting offer. May 9 could not come fast enough!
Cat enthusiast, iced coffee addict, and strong believer in the Oxford comma.