5 Festival Artists to Check Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

It may only be January, but music festival season is just around the corner. With the recent releases of the lineups for Bonnaroo, Coachella, Governor’s Ball, Hangout Fest and more, there has been nonstop chatter of excitement for these events. Unfortunately for us Georgians, most of these festivals are extremely far away, so we are not able to attend. But just because we can’t be there, it doesn’t mean we have to miss out on some great music. Check out these artists that will be present at multiple festivals this spring, so you don’t miss out on some quality tunes.

1. Glass Animals

source

This group has been one of my favorites for years. The British band released their first album Zaba in 2014, and followed up with How to Be a Human Being in 2016. Glass Animals has such a unique, indie sound that is almost indescribable, so go listen to them yourself and experience their greatness.

2. Dua Lipa

source

I saw Dua open for Troye Sivan on his most recent tour, and ever since then, I’ve been obsessed with her music. This pop princess on the rise has a voice like no other, with songs that make you want to dance all night. Be on the lookout for her debut self-titled album, expected to drop on June 2nd of this year. 

3. Bad Suns

source

If you know me, you know that I have a very special place in my heart for Bad Suns. Their sophomore album, Disappear Here, was released last September and is full of upbeat, alternative-pop songs perfect for blasting through your speakers as you drive around with the windows down. 

4. Charli XCX

source

Though Charli has been around for a while, I included her because I feel that she does not get the appreciation she deserves. You may know her from “Boom Clap,” or “Fancy,” but take a listen to her most recent EP, Vroom Vroom. Charli has the talent to create such fun and girly party songs. She also recently collaborated with Lil Yachty on “After the Afterparty,” which is my favorite of hers right now.

5. Lukas Graham

source

I’m sure you have heard “7 Years” and may be tired of constantly hearing it on the radio, but listen to Lukas Graham’s self-titled album and fall in love. Their sound is pop-y, yet almost jazzy, with a few slower, sentimental songs in the mix. “Strip No More” and “Drunk in the Morning” are my personal favorites.

Her Campus GCSU Campus Correspondent. Senior Mass Communication major with a focus in Journalism. Cat mom, writer, avid concert-goer, iced coffee addict.