This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

We all love makeup. Whether we wear it every day or just once in a blue moon, we appreciate the fun that goes into applying it and the various brands and shades we have to choose from. Something about makeup that is often overlooked is the fact that so many cosmetic brands test their products on animals. Although there are ways to test the chemicals of cosmetic products that do not involve harming animals, some makeup brands do not choose to take this alternative route. Thankfully, there is a wide variety of makeup brands that are cruelty-free and do not test on animals! Here are five of my favorite cruelty-free makeup products that serve as dupes for cosmetics that test on animals. Also, please note that although some of these replacement products can be a little pricey, they will last you a long time. The extra money is worth it if you know you are not harming animals or anyone else when buying these cosmetics.

1. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation (for Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation) – $39

This has been my all-time favorite liquid foundation for the past year. It gives you the perfect amount of coverage, without feeling too heavy or cakey on your face. It also stays on all day, so it is the perfect dupe for Revlon’s 24-hour Colorstay foundation, which is not cruelty-free.

2. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner (for Maybelline Line Stiletto) – $20

Eyeliner is one of my favorite steps in the makeup process, so when I found out that the Line Stiletto liner I had been using was not cruelty-free, I was devastated. However, I found that this Tattoo Liner is a wonderful cruelty-free dupe! Its felt-tip brush makes it SO easy to do a wing. I don’t miss my old liner at all.

3. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Concealer (for Maybelline Fit Me Concealer) – $12

I used to love the Maybelline Fit Me concealer until I found out that the company tests on animals. A friend of mine told me to try Urban Decay’s Naked Skin concealer instead and I fell in love. I also found Urban Decay’s concealer to have better coverage than Maybelline’s, so if you are searching for a high-quality cruelty-free concealer, then look no further.

4. Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Tulle (for MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig) – $6

If you know me, you know that I LIVE for lipstick. I used to love MAC lipsticks – they have one in every singe shade and they stay on for hours. When I found out that MAC tests on animals, I was crushed… until I discovered Colourpop. This makeup brand is entirely online, and their liquid lipsticks are cruelty-free! Not to mention, they’re significantly cheaper than MAC lip products. My favorite dupe is Tulle for Twig, which used to be my favorite MAC shade. Colourpop has so many cruelty-free lip shades that you could find a dupe for any non-cruelty-free shade of your choosing!

5. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (for Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara) – $23

I had seen so much hype about this mascara before actually trying it. I always thought, “Could it be THAT great?” After finding out Too Faced’s cosmetics were cruelty free and purchasing some to try on my own, I have come to the conclusion that YES, this mascara IS that great. It doesn’t clump and gives your lashes the perfect amount of volume and length! 

Her Campus GCSU Campus Correspondent. Senior Mass Communication major with a focus in Journalism. Cat mom, writer, avid concert-goer, iced coffee addict.