4 Reasons Why You Need a Bullet Journal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

There is a new and exciting way of journaling that is slowly starting to take over. It goes by the name of Bullet Journaling, and it is AMAZING! A bullet journal can be your journal, to-do list, and planner. It’s basically whatever you want, but it is all kept in one place.

I recently started bullet journaling after I attended a program in one of the residence halls on campus, and I instantly feel in love with the idea.

So to inspire you all to get into bullet journaling, here are four reasons why you need one!

It saves you money!

Yes, you could have a journal, planner, and sketch book all in three separate places, but wouldn’t you rather have it all in one book?

It helps you get your thoughts out

Have you ever just had a moment where you just needed to get a thought out, but you weren’t really sure where to write it. Of course you could just write it on a sticky note, or on your hand, but putting it somewhere where there is meaning, helps your thoughts flow better.

It’s calming

Because it is like a normal journal, just with a more creative way of doing it, bullet journaling is calming. Some journals have drawings in it that display goals that you way want completed, and just looking at it makes you feel calm.

You feel in control

Bullet journaling is freelance journaling. Instead of having structured lines to follow or a certain format, you can really make it whatever you want it to be.

Whether or not you decide to start bullet journaling, just know that there is an option out there for those that like to think outside of the box. Good luck on your possible new endeavor! 

Mariah is a senior psychology major, who has aspirations to work in the library science field. She enjoys listening to music and making playlists, playing board games, and crafting. She enjoys writing for Her Campus because it gives her the chance to share unconventional articles that would otherwise not be published, while at the same time promoting female empowerment.