roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Reasons to Get Excited for the Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

‘Tis the season for holiday traditions! Though it’s not yet Thanksgiving, Christmas is starting to appear everywhere. No matter when you start celebrating the season, there are some holiday traditions we’re all anticipating. 

1. Freeform’s 25 Days of Christmas

Can you believe that “25 Days of Christmas” has been brightening our Christmas programming for 20 years? Whether you’ve been tuning in since the ABC Family days or you’re watching for the first time, it’s an amazing holiday tradition that really kicks off the season for me. If you haven’t already, check out this year’s schedule. It all starts on December 1, so mark your calendars!

2. Starbucks’ Holiday Beverages 

Starbucks’ red cup season began last week and marked the unofficial start of the holiday season for many people. More importantly, the holiday beverages that fill said red cups reappeared. Whether you’re a fan of the Peppermint Mocha or you’re a Gingerbread Latte enthusiast, this is one holiday tradition we’re welcoming with open arms.  

3. Christmas Decorations

It’s almost time to break out the tinsel and ornaments! Whether you decorate on November 1 or patiently wait until Thanksgiving, it’s exciting to see street corners come alive with holiday lights. Get your holiday decor inspiration here

4. Christmas Music

While many people may not enjoy listening to Christmas music straight through November and December, it’s absolutely my favorite thing. There’s something nostalgic and comforting about it to me. Check out some classic Christmas tunes here and here

Happy holidays, everyone!

I'm a senior mass communication major at Georgia College & State University. I'm a Disney fan, professional coffee drinker, and pop culture enthusiast. I also love a good '90s rom-com. You can usually find me on Instagram (@tcroeck).