10 Things Seniors Wish They Knew As Freshmen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

1. Sure, you can skip your classes since your parents aren’t there to tell you otherwise, but going to class really makes a difference and turns Bs into As.

2. That being said, sometimes it’s okay to take a mental day.

3. Moderation is key. The freshman 15 is definitely a real thing, but you also shouldn’t be obsessed with your weight. If you want to eat pizza, then eat it.

4. Sometimes your friends are going to be sassy because they’re stressed. Take it with a grain of salt — be sassy back and call them out.

5. Going out is fun, but there’s also nothing wrong with having a girls’ night in.

6. Everyone is stressed out in some way. It’s college. If you’re going to complain about how difficult your major is and put down other peoples’ classes, no one is going to want to be your friend.

7. Get as involved as you can in a club/organization. It doesn’t matter how many extracurricular activities you are a part of; your passion is more important.

8. Be nice to people even if you don’t like them. You can still be polite and keep your distance — it’s going out of your way to be friends with someone even if you don’t like them that makes you fake.

9. Ignorance is not an excuse for stupidity. Educate yourself as much as you can.

10. Have fun, but take your future seriously. You’re allowed to mess up every so often, just make sure you learn from your mistakes.

Tina is a senior English major at Georgia College, with a concentration in creative writing and a minor in French. She loves cats even though she is allergic to them, staying in bed all day and watching Netflix, and nail polish. She hopes that she will be a published author one day and also wants to teach college English. She is an active member of Kappa Delta Sorority (Eta Mu chapter), and green is her favorite color. You can follow her on twitter at @teenz_ng