Health Vagina Sex Periods Std Feminism
Health Vagina Sex Periods Std Feminism
Molly Longest / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GA Tech chapter.

People don’t realize that many times, STDs come from having sex with one person that you trust. Personally, I have heard more stories of people that trusted the person they were having sex with than anything else. They trusted their partner to be safe and that didn’t happen. 

A lack of honesty is the biggest problem with STDs. People are scared or uninterested in being honest with their sexual partners which leads to carelessness and when there is carelessness, accidents happen. If people are more honest and more careful, the number of STDs that get contracted would decrease. 

There are many ideas associated with STDs. For example, not being cautious or safe and promiscuity. The stigma that comes with STDs is unfair because people do not ask to contract an STD. It needs to be understood that an STD is not the end of the world and it does not mean someone was being promiscuous. 

It is a personal matter that does not need nor deserve anyone’s judgement. As people, we have all been through and done things that we were not proud of. We would hate to be judged ourselves, so we need to stop judging others. 

I talked to some college students and the consensus that I came to is that our generation is overall more understanding of STDs. The reason as to how someone contracted the STD isn’t important. What is most important is someone learning and growing from their mistakes and understanding how they can do better going forward.

Mia Roberts

GA Tech '23

My name is Mia, and I am a 3rd year Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering major at the Georgia Institute of Technology. I love to read, write, and eat!