Fur Coat And Beanie B&W
Fur Coat And Beanie B&W
Arianna Tucker / Her Campus
Style

Winter Jacket Trends that are Both Cute and Comfy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

Winter can be a tricky time when it comes to choosing an outfit.  Wanting to look cute and be comfortable all at once can be a hard combo to figure out. Staying warm when it is freezing outside is crucial, and some days, a million layers of sweats is the way to go. However, on days when you want to spice things up a bit, here are some ideas to do just that.

(Photo Courtesy of Vogue Magazine)

Fleece Lined Puffer Coat:

Puffer coats are back in style… finally. These trendy jackets are perfect for pairing with jeans and a sweater. They are wind and water resistant and have a soft interior to keep you warm and cozy. The bulkiness of the jacket with a sleek look underneath is perfect for running errands or grabbing a hot chocolate to go.

URBAN OUTFITTERS: HADLEY PUFFER JACKET

FOREVER 21: FUNNEL NECK PUFFER JACKET

(Photo Courtesy of People Magazine)

Camel Colored Drape Coat:

A neutral color like camel goes with absolutely anything and everything. A long coat that covers the legs will provide extra warmth without having to bundle up from head to toe. Coats like these are perfect for your Sunday strolls, dinner with the family, or even going to class.

BOOHOO: DOUBLE BREASTED CAMEL DUSTER COAT

FOREVER 21: HOODED LONGLINE CAMEL COAT

(Photo courtesy of People Magazine)

Heavy Duty Knit Sweaters:

There is nothing better than a cozy, soft sweater when it is bitter cold outside. There are so many sweaters to choose from, but we have to make sure they will protect you from the winter winds. Investing in one or two heavy knit sweaters is a smart idea and will last you many winters to come.

L.L BEAN: SIGNATURE COTTON SWEATER

AMERICAN EAGLE: AERIE CABLE MOCK NECK SWEATER (psst… this one is on sale!)

H&M: CABLE-KNIT TURTLENECK SWEATER!  

Sweater Dress:

(Photo Courtesy of People Magazine)

Ahhh, the sweater dress. It doesn’t get any better. It’s like wearing a blanket, in dress form. The best thing about sweater dresses are their versatility. You can dress it up or down, and really tailor it to your own personal style.

NORDSTROM: TOPSHOP RIBBED KNIT MIDI DRESS

AMAZON (WOOHOO): CASUAL V NECK LONG SWEATER DRESS

ASOS:KNITTED MINI SWEATER DRESS

These pieces are here for you to get inspired and create your own winter style. Your style and fashion are a part of what makes you beautiful and stand out. Get creative and stay warm!

Molly Finnan is Furman’s HerCampus Social Media Director. She is a Health Science major from Annapolis MD. She loves promoting women’s equality and writing!She loves Law and Order, CrimeJunkie podcasts, Golden retrievers and Hot Cheetos.
Mackenzie Smith is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Furman University. She is a senior majoring in Public Health with a minor in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. Mackenzie has a passion for making sure women feel empowered and important throughout all stages of life which can be seen through her work with Girlology and The Homeless Period Project.