While Valentine’s day may be a commercialized nightmare, Galentine’s day, February 13th, is as Leslie Knope puts it, “Only the best day of the year.” It’s a well-known fact that Leslie Knope is one of the most loving and enthusiastic friends in the world, so of course she would know the best way to honor the holiday dedicated to, “Ladies celebrating ladies.”
One of her favorite ways to show love to her friends is through gifts, so her Galentine’s gifts are naturally legendary. For any of you Parks and Rec fans out there wanting to make this Galentine’s day awesome, look no further than the ultimate Galentine’s day gift guide, inspired by Leslie herself.
- Leslie makes her friends hand-crocheted flower pens. If you’re feeling crafty you could make them yourself, but you could also just buy them here.
- In true Leslie Knope fashion, she also makes her friends a mosaic portrait of each of them from the crushed bottles of their favorite diet soda. If you’re not necessarily feeling like putting that much time into your gift, a framed picture of the two of you is also sweet!
- Leslie additionally gives her friends each a 5,000-word essay on why they’re all so awesome, because of course she does. Though it doesn’t necessarily have to be 5,000 words, a nice note about why you love your friends goes a long way.
- She also gives her friends gift certificates for facials, which is actually a realistic gift if you’re feeling especially generous. But, if your budget isn’t so grand, everyone loves a good face mask!
- One of her most memorable gifts was a needlepoint pillow with her friend’s faces on it and the leading headline from a newspaper on the day they were born. If you want to go hardcore Knope this Galentine’s, a customized pillow would be an incredible gift!
No one celebrates others quite as enthusiastically as Leslie Knope, and we could all stand to learn a little something from her. Even if you’re not big on gifts, remember to tell your friends you love them. Happy Galentine’s day!