Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer Stress
Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer Stress
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

Senior Scaries: Furman University Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

Since the beginning of the year, I’ve been asked “what’s next?” or “what do you want to do with your life?” so many times that I’ve lost count. Now, I understand the curiosity. College has been my life for the past four years, five if you count the decision process in high-school; however, that doesn’t make it any easier if you aren’t quite yet sure of the answer to the question.

At this point, some people have it all figured out, whether it’s getting accepted into grad school or receiving job offers. I think it’s important to remember that as many people who seem to have it all figured out, there are so many more who don’t yet, and that’s okay. It’s easy to forget that we don’t have to have it all figured out yet, especially at a place like Furman, where success is often a measure of you personally. 

Whether you are thinking about grad school potential jobs to apply for, or even not thinking about it at all, it’s completely fine to not have it figured out yet. Most of us are 21 or 22 years old, which means we’ve got time to try different things and take the time to make the decision that’s right for you, whatever that may be. 

I guess the point of this is to remember that it’s okay if you don’t have it all figured out yet, and if you take a look around you’ll see that you’re not alone in that. Take your time with it, there’s no point in rushing into something that’ll make you unhappy. We still have a whole semester left of college, so, we might as well enjoy it without the constant stress of what’s to come!

Leigh Poteat is a writer for Her Campus at Furman University. She is a psychology major from Columbia, South Carolina. She is a firm believer of women supporting women and finding new and creative ways that we can support that! She loves good wine, great coffee, and collecting candles!
Mackenzie Smith is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Furman University. She is a senior majoring in Public Health with a minor in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. Mackenzie has a passion for making sure women feel empowered and important throughout all stages of life which can be seen through her work with Girlology and The Homeless Period Project.