This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

Can you believe it is even time for a New Year’s Eve style guide? It feels like 2018 has flown by, so let’s celebrate it with some cute outfits to ring in the new year. 2019 isn’t ready!

Outfit #1: Shimmer Dress

(Photo Courtesy of Chicme)

You can’t go wrong with some sparkle on New Year’s Eve. There are so many ways to add shimmer to your look, but one of the most classic go to ways would have to be your typical shimmer dress.

Tobi: Black Multi Shift Dress

Forever 21: Fringe and Sequin Mini Dress

ASOS: Sparkle Long Sleeve Wrap Dress

Outfit #2: Dramatic Pant

(Photo Courtesy of Fash For Fashion)

Probably the look that will make you stand out the most, a dramatic pant. There are so many options for this look: sparkle, flare bottoms, bold prints, and amazing textures.

ASOS: New Look Belted in Silver

ASOS: Pleated Velvet Wide Leg

Forever 21: High Rise Faux Leather Pant

Outfit #3: Chic Blazer

(Photo Courtesy of New York Street Style)

Not feeling the dresses or pants? No problem, throw on a chic blazer with some cute shorts or a mini skirt!

Charlotte Russe: Plaid Boyfriend Blazer

Forever 21: Sequin Trim Blazer

Forever 21: Metallic Three-Piece Suit Set

Outfit #4: Athleisure

(Photo Courtesy of The Fasion Spot)

Just going to a friend’s house to chill? Or don’t feel like getting too dressed up? Don’t worry! A comfortable sporty-chic athleisure jacket with some leggings or jeans will give you that effortlessly stylish look.

Forever 21: Reflective Color-block WindBreaker

Windsor: Mr. Brightside Neon Windbreaker

ASOS: ASOS 4505 Reinforced Running Jacket

I hope you enjoyed some of the NYE looks in this article and add some of your own style to them. Have a safe and happy time ringing in this New Year! Happy 2019!

Molly Finnan is Furman’s HerCampus Social Media Director. She is a Health Science major from Annapolis MD. She loves promoting women’s equality and writing!She loves Law and Order, CrimeJunkie podcasts, Golden retrievers and Hot Cheetos.
Mackenzie Smith is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Furman University. She is a senior majoring in Public Health with a minor in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. Mackenzie has a passion for making sure women feel empowered and important throughout all stages of life which can be seen through her work with Girlology and The Homeless Period Project.