This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

Are you frustrated with the current political situation in the U.S.? Does it bother you when large scale makeup companies test their products on animals? My answers are “Yes!” and “Yes!”, like many people, so I did some searching and discovered a unique company that combats both of these issues and more! Founded after the 2016 presidential election, Lipslut is a small-scale L.A. based company that was created in order to provide high quality products and make a statement at the same time.

The product that Lipslut offers is a liquid lipstick with a matte finish. Each lipstick has intense pigmentation, incredible moisturization (including vitamin E and coconut oil) and the formula ensures that it will last you all day! Amazing!

Each product is $19.95 –– a steal for a lipstick that supports a good cause and is as well-made as these. The proceeds are split up so that 50% of the profits go towards a charity that is picked based on popular vote, with a different organization for each lipstick!

(Photo Courtesy of Lipslut)

The main two featured on their website are “F*ck Trump” with the charity proceeds going towards a Civil Rights organization that was targeted by the administration, and “F*ck Kavanaugh”, with the charity proceeds going towards anti-sexual assault organizations.

They also offer other colors such as “F*ck Hollywood” and “F*ck Leftylibglobalistsantifacommiesocialisthollyweirdopigs” (the 2018 version of supercalifragilisticexpialidocious).

All of these lipsticks are everyday colors that you could wear on any occasion, whether it be to school, work, dinner, the Barn, downtown, or a date night. A matte lip is always one of my go-to makeup items –– another lipstick never hurt anyone!

The fact that someone was brilliant enough to create a product that looks and feels fabulous while giving a middle finger to the current administration warms my heart. Don’t hesitate to checkout lipslut.com, it’s definitely worth the hype. 

Leigh Poteat is a writer for Her Campus at Furman University. She is a psychology major from Columbia, South Carolina. She is a firm believer of women supporting women and finding new and creative ways that we can support that! She loves good wine, great coffee, and collecting candles!
Mackenzie Smith is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Furman University. She is a senior majoring in Public Health with a minor in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. Mackenzie has a passion for making sure women feel empowered and important throughout all stages of life which can be seen through her work with Girlology and The Homeless Period Project.