Style > Beauty

Lash Extensions: Say Goodbye to Your Mascara!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

Few things have ever made me feel as glam as my eyelash extensions. I’ve never really loved wearing makeup, so when I realized I could get my lashes done once every three weeks and look just as good as applying mascara every single morning, I jumped at the opportunity. I mean, who wouldn’t want to wake up with their lashes looking flawless? Extensions are known for giving the illusion of a full-face of makeup, even on days where I’m skincare focused. 

(Photo Courtesy of LashesByJayCee)

I decided to start with “classic” extensions, scared like most that the glam look I imagined for myself would end up with more of a Halloween vibe year-round… yikes! After realizing that my life had be altered, and that my lash technician was THAT b*tch, I ventured into volume (see above photo). This is where I live for now, and where I see myself being for a while (If she’ll have me, she’s due soon!).

Finding the perfect lash technician is hard, and I was lucky to find one who soon turned into a friend. It’s important to make sure your technician is qualified, because if done incorrectly, lash extensions could permanently damage your real lashes.

My advice with getting eyelash extensions is to go for it, see if it’s your thing, and if it’s not, just take some bomb selfies and call it an experience. College is the times to start trying new things with our looks, taking bolder risks, and relishing in the occasional glam moment.

Simone Brown

Furman '20

Simone Brown is a junior at Furman University majoring in Communication Studies with a minor in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. She is so excited to be the Marketing and Publicity director for Her Campus at Furman University, and to be representing an organization based around women inclusion and empowerment. In her spare time you can find her cooking with her best friend, back home in Atlanta, or cheering for the Philadelphia Eagles.
Mackenzie Smith is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Furman University. She is a senior majoring in Public Health with a minor in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. Mackenzie has a passion for making sure women feel empowered and important throughout all stages of life which can be seen through her work with Girlology and The Homeless Period Project.