Style

The Jewelry Subscription You Didn’t Know You Needed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

I don’t know about you but buying jewelry that I actually want to wear is such a pain. Everything is either too cheap, too expensive, too big and gaudy or way more minimal than I would want. Plus, I don’t even really know how to buy jewelry? Maybe that’s just me, but I don’t know how folks are buying accessories nowadays. So, imagine my joy when I found Rocksbox, an online subscription jewelry box that sends you accessories that you actually want for reasonable prices.

I’m kind of a sellout for subscription boxes, because shopping when you don’t know what you’re really looking for is the worstthing ever. Here’s the basic gist: you build a style profile of things you’d like to have sent to you (yes, it’s a quiz because who doesn’t love quizzes?). Basically, you just fill out what metal colors you usually wear, the necklace, bracelet, earring, and ring styles you would ordinarily wear, and what sort of jewelry trends you’d like to try out. Then you fill out your basic info, and then Rocksbox starts to build you your first set. 

From what I remember, they ask you to go through their current options and select what options they have that you might want to get in your box (i.e. your wish list). Then they will give you your first set, but the really cool thing is that if you don’t like one of the options, you can trade it out for whatever they have available!

Once your box is confirmed and ships, all of your pieces arrive in a Rocksbox box. Each piece of jewelry is packaged in cute felt bags, with a receipt and a return shipping label. But here’s where the really, really cool part comes in. Part of the Rockbox membership is paying a $21 fee once a month, but when you buy something from your set, they take your membership fee and deduct it from your total cost! So say you want to buy a bracelet from your set that costs $40. At checkout, your total after taxes and everything will be subtracted by $21! That’s hella savings! But, you can only do this once per month. 

Another really cool thing is that you can keep your box for however long you want. Most subscription services have you send items back within 3 days, but Rocksbox gives you the opportunity to actually wear the pieces you might buy. So, you get to keep the stuff for as long as you want and get $21 off once a month? That sounds pretty damn good to me. Here’s to accessorizing without the hassle of going anywhere! Woohoo!

Hailey Wilcox is the Editor-in-Chief and one of the two Campus Correspondents of Her Campus at Furman University. She is a senior Educational Studies major, and hopes to pursue a Master's in Applied Behavior Analysis. Aside from Her Campus, she is President of Alpha Phi Omega, a co-ed community service fraternity. Her passions include self-care, helping her communities, and makeup!
Mackenzie Smith is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Furman University. She is a senior majoring in Public Health with a minor in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. Mackenzie has a passion for making sure women feel empowered and important throughout all stages of life which can be seen through her work with Girlology and The Homeless Period Project.