This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

Last week I opened up Instagram and was hit with the most iconic campaign I have ever seen in my life. I saw a photograph of Heidi Klum, Alessandra Ambrosio, Candice Swanepoel, and Tyra Banks posed in some underwear, looking flawless as ever. 

Now, you’re probably saying, “What’s the big deal? Those are some of the most famous Victoria’s Secret Angels. They have constantly been photographed in underwear.” And to that, I would respond and say, “You are so true, they have constantly been photographed in Victoria’s Secret underwear. But look! In this photograph, they are in Skims!

These models are four of the most successful supermodels in the industry over the past three decades. These gorgeous women became household names through their careers as Victoria’s Secret Angels. These Angels had the honor to wear the Victoria’s Secret Fantasy Bra when the annual fashion show was at its peak. Heidi Klum had the honor three times, Tyra Banks and Alessandra Ambrosio wore the bra twice, and Candice Swanepoel once.

Although all of these models have left their careers with Victoria’s Secret years ago and are no longer “Angels,” the fact that Kim Kardashian was able to get them to model for her newest underwear collection can only be described as iconic. To see these models, most of which have since become moms and gone to head many other successful campaigns and endeavors, go back to their roots but this time for Kim Kardashian and Skims is something I never saw coming. Not only this, but I feel like it is almost symbolic of Victoria’s Secrets’ downfall in the industry, and the rise of Skims.

Julia is a junior Business Administration and Communications Studies double major at Furman. Outside of HerCampus, she is also on the executive board of the Chi Omega chapter on her campus. Some of Julia's favorite things include: cooking, working out, Law and Order: SVU, Taylor Swift, and being around the people she loves.