This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

This semester, the Furman Theatre Department is putting on a production of Pippin by Stephen Schwartz and Roger O. Hirson. Pippin is the first-born son of Charlemagne, the king of the Holy Roman Empire. The show begins when Pippin returns from school and begins his journey to find his “Corner of the Sky”. Pippin’s story will end with a climax that you will never forget! 

The theatre department is taking a modern twist on the 1972 musical. Director, Maegan McNerney Azur, has decided to introduce Pippin to the world of social media, with all of its magic and glamour. In addition to one leading player, six additional narrators have been added and together they make up the seven deadly sins. These sins will be using the world of social media to guide Pippin through his journey of magic and merriment. 

Pippin has something for every kind of audience member; there is magic, romance, holy war, and so much more. The show has an extraordinary cast that is sure to make you laugh, cry, smile, and gasp. 

The show will be running for two weekends in Furman’s own playhouse. The dates are October 16 & 17, 23 & 24 at 7:30 PM, October 18 & 19, 25 & 26 at 8:00 PM, and October 20 & 27 at 3:00 PM. Tickets are $20 for general admission, $18 for seniors, and $12 for students. There are also students rush for $7, where students are able to come before the show and if there are available seats they can purchase those seats at a discount. It also counts as a CLP credit for Furman students. 

Come out and support the Furman Theatre Department and their production of Pippin! It will be a show you will remember for the rest of your life! 

Margaret Bovard is a senior at Furman University from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and she is a Health Science major. In addition to being a writer for HerCampus, Margaret works in a cardiology lab on campus and participates in theater. She is very passionate about sustainability and hopes to be an alpaca farmer one day. Margaret is an old soul, in her free time she knits, cross stitches, and complains about her back pain :). She can not wait to see the impact that HerCampus will have on Furman's Campus.
Mackenzie Smith is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Furman University. She is a senior majoring in Public Health with a minor in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. Mackenzie has a passion for making sure women feel empowered and important throughout all stages of life which can be seen through her work with Girlology and The Homeless Period Project.