Style > Beauty

Foreo Luna: The Best Cleansing Brush for Sensitive Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

I, like most people, have struggled with acne. I have pretty sensitive skin though, so it’s easy to swing from acne to overly dry. That’s why I really need a good, gentle face cleansing brush. 

Recently I was gifted a face washing appliance called the Foreo Luna. Although this looks and sounds like a vibrator it’s actually a very good face washer. I prefer it to the traditional cleansing brush because it’s gentler but has a very deep clean. The silicone stops bacteria from growing and I’ve noticed a huge difference in my skin. The way it exfoliates stops blackheads from appearing and the deep clean prevents deeper cystic acne. 

I got the Foreo mini, which is a smaller version of the original, but still works great for me. They can be a bit pricey, but the mini was about $80. The bigger ones can be closer to $200, but they seem unnecessary to me. 

Things like face washing appliances aren’t an absolute necessity and may seem extravagant to some, but I absolutely love mine and I know I’ll use it for a long time. As expensive as they are, I do enjoy mine and I’ve noticed a huge change in my skin. If you’re looking for a good face cleanser I would definitely check out the Foreo Luna!

Christina La Rosa is a Senior at Furman University, who is originally from Richmond Virginia. She is a Psychology major. She wants to support and encourage all women to be the best that they can be. She loves her dogs, chocolate chip cookies, and painting.
Mackenzie Smith is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Furman University. She is a senior majoring in Public Health with a minor in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. Mackenzie has a passion for making sure women feel empowered and important throughout all stages of life which can be seen through her work with Girlology and The Homeless Period Project.