This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

Hot girl summer is finally over and it’s finally cool girl autumn. So pack up those daisy dukes and pull out your sweaters and boots. If you’re not feeling the autumn vibes just yet, here are five spunky and spooky crafts that will get you in the fall mood! 

1. Gnome pumpkins 

Who doesn’t love an adorable gnome! All you need for these pumpkin gnomes is some fabric, yarn, and a small pumpkin. First, cut out your gnomes hat out of any sort of fleece or flannel fabric. Click here for the hat template. Then attach the edges of the hat with glue or tape. Fill the hat with stuffing or crinkled up paper to help it stand up tall on your pumpkin. Place the hat on your pumpkin. Here’s where you have to get creative and find a nose for your gnome to attach just below your hat. Then glue your yarn around the nose to look like a beard! 

2. Embroidery hoop wreath 

For this craft you need an embroidery hoop, hot glue, and silk or fresh flowers. Simply attach your flowers to the embroidery hoop with hot glue however you like them! Then hang it on your front door or wall! 

3. Leaf Garland 

Leaves aren’t just for jumping in anymore! For this fun craft, head outside and gather up some pretty fall leaves. For a decoration that will last several seasons, pick up some silk leaves at a craft store. Now use these leaves as your canvas! Paint them, cover them with glitter, the possibilities are endless! Once you have decorated them, you can use a hole-punch and some thread to hang them! 

4. Personalized accessories   

Embroidery is making a comeback, and anyone can do it! The only stitch you’ll need to make custom slogans on your clothes is a simple stem-stitch. When you are ready just sketch your words or pattern on your fabric with chalk or a pencil. Then just follow the lines you made!

5. Cinnamon Boil 

Nothing smells more fall than cinnamon. There is an easy way to will your house with that lovely smell. All you need to do is put three or four cinnamon sticks in a pot of water. Boil this pot for several minutes and then turn off the burner. The heat will release the smell and it will fill your home. Then when the smell is gone just reheat the same pot! 

Any of these fun and simple fall crafts are sure to spice up any apartment or bedroom! 

Margaret Bovard is a senior at Furman University from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and she is a Health Science major. In addition to being a writer for HerCampus, Margaret works in a cardiology lab on campus and participates in theater. She is very passionate about sustainability and hopes to be an alpaca farmer one day. Margaret is an old soul, in her free time she knits, cross stitches, and complains about her back pain :). She can not wait to see the impact that HerCampus will have on Furman's Campus.