Everything You Need to Know About Hailey Bieber’s Wedding Dress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

Hailey Bieber really upped the wedding dress game during her wedding ceremony to Justin Bieber about a month ago. The couple wed on September 30 in Palmetto Bluff, SC, surrounded by a small group of friends and family. The model showcased a beautiful, custom made Off-White wedding gown and all of the details will blow you away. 

Virgil Abloh, the creative director of Off-White and longtime friend of the Bieber’s, customized Bieber’s wedding gown with her signature street-style in mind. The dress was form fitting, draped off the shoulders and extended down the arms and onto the hands. Hand stitched beading was incorporated all over the dress and included Off-White’s signature symbol in various places.

Pearls and lace accents embellished the bride’s veil, but the main attraction was the stitched “Till Death Do Us Part” statement on the bottom of her floor length veil. The phrase “wedding dress” was sewn into the back of the dress as a final touch and shout out to the brand.

(Photo Courtesy of @haileybieber)

Off-White has been up and coming for the past few years now. It encompasses the evolution of style our generation is curating: a mixture of high fashion and street wear. The infamous quotation marks have become an iconic trademark. Brands like Nike, Levi, and Champion have all collaborated with the American-Italian brand to produce luxury street style. 

Virgil Abloh himself is an American designer with a background in architecture. He is the first African American to be named the head of a French luxury fashion brand, Louis Vuitton. His influence has been wide reaching in all aspects of pop-culture. Kanye West, Serena Williams and Rihanna are just a few of the celebrities who have promoted Abloh’s designs. 

The intricate design of Hailey Bieber’s wedding dress just goes to show the level of artisanship and creativity that Virgil and the whole Off-White team possesses. From the overall effect to the tiniest of details, this dress embodies Bieber’s unique style as well as the direction fashion is going. 

Molly Finnan is Furman’s HerCampus Social Media Director. She is a Health Science major from Annapolis MD. She loves promoting women’s equality and writing!She loves Law and Order, CrimeJunkie podcasts, Golden retrievers and Hot Cheetos.
Mackenzie Smith is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Furman University. She is a senior majoring in Public Health with a minor in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. Mackenzie has a passion for making sure women feel empowered and important throughout all stages of life which can be seen through her work with Girlology and The Homeless Period Project.