Latte Art
Latte Art
Kelsey Emery / Spoon

Coffee Shops You Don’t Want to Miss out On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

One of the best parts of Greenville is the abundance of cute, cool, and trendy coffee shops with drinks that taste as good as they look! I would classify myself as a bit of a coffee snob, so I decided to go out and see if the places I heard about constantly truly lived up to the hype.

Coffee Underground: 

This place is probably one of my favorites in Greenville. If I had one word to describe CU it would be cozy. It’s an eclectic vibe with a ton of cool furniture and really great drinks. It certainly feels like a classic coffee shop and it’s a great place for a lazy day with friends, a cute date, or even getting sh*t done!

Methodical Coffee:

I am in love with this place, although, it was a little hard for me to concentrate on my work because of how popular it was! The music is played on a record player and there’s always a different vibe depending on the day, which I love. It’s bright, clean, has great music, and the drinks are amazing!

Port City Java:

This coffee shop originated in Wilmington, NC and is now right on Main Street downtown! This is definitely more of a “hangout and chat” rather than a “get sh*t done” type coffee shop, which is never a bad thing. It’s definitely worth checking out!

Mountain Goat Coffee:

While all of the other coffee shops I’ve mentioned are in downtown Greenville, this one is a little closer to Furman, just off of Poinsett Highway. Mountain Goat reminds me of something straight out of Portland, Oregon and even has a bike repair shop attached to it. It’s a really cool and chill place, and I loved the coffee I got; they roast the beans themselves! 

All in all, Greenville has some pretty neat places with coffee that is, dare I say, better than Starbucks at times! It’s always fun to switch up your routine, so, next time you’re craving coffee or have some work to do, try one of these local shops! 

Leigh Poteat is a writer for Her Campus at Furman University. She is a psychology major from Columbia, South Carolina. She is a firm believer of women supporting women and finding new and creative ways that we can support that! She loves good wine, great coffee, and collecting candles!
Mackenzie Smith is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Furman University. She is a senior majoring in Public Health with a minor in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. Mackenzie has a passion for making sure women feel empowered and important throughout all stages of life which can be seen through her work with Girlology and The Homeless Period Project.