The Best Eyeshadow Palettes for Your Eye Color

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

Sometimes it can be hard to find the right eyeshadow color. It is difficult to find the shades that will make your eyes pop without outshining them. Here is a guide to find the shades that will look best with your eye color, and eyeshadow palettes that will help your eyes gleam! 

Blue Eyes:

One way to make your blue eyes pop is to wear orange-toned eyeshadow. Orange and blue are on opposite sides of the color wheel, so wearing orange will make your blue eyes stand out.

(Photo courtesy of Ulta)

The Morphe 35O Palette is a great palette to find those warm orangey shades. It has a ton of neutral browns, which makes the palette very diverse. With 35 shades, you can make endless amounts of looks that will really draw attention to your blue eyes for only $24!

(Photo courtesy of Ulta)

The Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette is chock full of warm-toned and orange shadows that will compliment blue eyes. This palette is a cult-favorite to many—and for good reason! These shadows have extreme pigment and incredibly beautiful colors for $42.

(Photo courtesy of Sephora AE)

Huda Beauty has travel eyeshadow palettes, called the Obsessions Eyeshadow Palettes, that are $27. The Obsessions Eyeshadow palette in shade Coral is perfect for a blue-eyed babe on the go. It is loaded with orange and coral shades that are ideal for blue eyes.

Brown Eyes:

All eyeshadow colors look amazing with brown eyes! Depending on your shade of brown, some eyeshadows can bring out different undertones. Dark brown eyes really stand out against red and garnet shades, while golds and greens can pop with lighter brown eyes.

(Photo courtesy of Juvia’s Place)

The Warrior Eyeshadow Palette by Juvia’s Place features the most beautiful gold shades. These golden shades can highlight the golden flecks in lighter brown eyes. Juvia’s Place makes very high-quality shadows for a low price and the Warrior Eyeshadow Palette is only $20.

(Photo courtesy of Natasha Denona)

The Natasha Denona Gold Palette is what makeup dreams are made of. The palette is perfect for brown-eyed babes because it has both greens and golds. The price of this palette is $129, but Natasha Denona shadows are some of the best on the market and worth the investment!

(Photo courtesy of Sephora)

The Urban Decay Naked palette is a staple in so many makeup collections, but a palette that really compliments deep brown eyes is the Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette. It comes at a high price point of $54, but also offers incredibly high-quality shadows.

Hazel Eyes:

Purple and green are on opposite sides of the color wheel, so purple eyeshadow on hazel eyes can really help to pull out those green shades. Green is also a great choice to help highlight those flecks. Purple and green eyeshadow can seem intimidating, but both colors are extremely flattering for hazel eyes.

(Photo courtesy of Morphe Brushes)

The Morphe Dark Magic Palette is a green eyeshadow dream! The green shades aren’t too bright, so you can make a wearable look, and there are also browns and taupes to help tone it down. It is only $15 for 10 beautiful shades!

(Photo courtesy of Kylie Cosmetics)

The Purple Palette by Kylie Cosmetics has a very wearable mix of purple shadows for $42. The Purple Palette is very diverse in the looks you can make. All of the purples make hazel eyes pop like crazy, and the accompanying neutrals can help tone down a look if it gets too bold.

(Photo courtesy of Target)

The TruNaked Eyeshadow palettes are an affordable dupe for some of the Naked Palettes. The TruNaked Palette in Goldens has a ton of great shades for hazel eyes. The khaki and green shades really flatter the green and gold flecks in hazel eyes.

Green Eyes:

Just like hazel eyes, purple eyeshadow really makes green eyes pop. Along with purple, bronze and brown eyeshadows can subtly enhance green eyes. By wearing neutral eyeshadows, green eyes have the ability to stand out.

(Photo courtesy of ColourPop)

A great palette full of bronze and brown shades is the I Think I Love You Palette by ColourPop. For only $16 you get 12 beautiful bronze shimmers and brown matte shades. You can create so many looks to compliment green eyes with this palette, from a soft everyday glam look to a bronze smokey eye for night time.

(Photo courtesy of Bobbi Brown)

The Bobbi Brown Ultra-Violet Eyeshadow Palette is a new addition to Bobbi Brown’s line and a great addition to a green-eyed babes collection. The palette features smokey purple shades that contrasts green eyes to make them stand out. This limited edition palette will run you $39 for eight shades.

(Photo courtesy of Ulta)

Lorac is a makeup company that has fantastic high-quality eyeshadows. The Lorac Unzipped Palette has a ton of bronze and brown shades that pair well with green eyes for $42. This is another palette that can be worn every day and for every occasion.

Makeup has no rules, so you can wear any eyeshadow color you want, regardless of your eye color! These eyeshadow palettes are suggestions for those who don’t quite know where to start, or what their next palette purchase should be. Have fun with your makeup and do what makes you happy!

Hannah Tyson is a junior business administration major and a writer for Her Campus Furman. She is addicted to makeup and hopes to one day work in the cosmetics industry. She started her own beauty blog in 2017 and that’s what lead her to writing for Her Campus Furman! Her favorite dessert is creme brûlée, Kylie Jenner is her idol, she owns exactly 20 eyeshadow palettes, and she has dyed her hair every color from platinum to black to grey!
Mackenzie Smith is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Furman University. She is a senior majoring in Public Health with a minor in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. Mackenzie has a passion for making sure women feel empowered and important throughout all stages of life which can be seen through her work with Girlology and The Homeless Period Project.