This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

Like many college students, I love being in a t-shirt, hoodie, and sweatpants 90% of the time. I like to look nice for class and going out to dinner, but when I’m home it’s leisurewear central. Due to the pandemic, I’ve been searching more and more for unique leisurewear brands that embody my style (colorful and fun) while remaining comfy. While on this journey, I found some great brands which obviously I have to share with you all.  

1. Serotonin Supply

Serotonin Supply is SUCH a cute brand. I found them on TikTok and their branding is simply the coolest thing ever. They only have 4,000 followers on Instagram so it’s cool to see them before they blow up big. With their staple tagline “I need serotonin,” this brand is dedicated to mental health awareness. A portion of each sale goes to a mental health organization too, which you know I’m all about. They have hoodies, crewnecks, t-shirts, sweatpants and more ranging all colors but highlighting the need for serotonin. I’m buying their teal “I need serotonin” shirt tonight  and I literally am so excited. 

2. SemiSpoiled

SemiSpoiled is another brand I found from TikTok. It was started simply by a 20-year-old woman who began by tie-dying shirts during quarantine. Somehow down the line, she designed hoodies with the sayings, “Protect Your Peace,” and, “Love That For You,” on the back with a cool retro font. On the front, the company’s name “SemiSpoiled” is embroidered. This business has 23K on TikTok and Instagram and it will be really fun to watch them grow further. As an owner of one of their hoodies, the quality and attention to detail is fabulous. Their customer service is great, too! 

3. Lonely Ghost

I discovered Lonely Ghost because a lot of my friends wear this brand. It was created by travel vlogger Indy Blue Severe, who is just the coolest person ever. Her brand began with the famous line, “I Love You Say It Back,” and has now transcended into so many other things: “Text Me When You Get Home,” “Girl Gang,” “Self-Love Club,” and my favorite, “It’s Cool to Care.” I have purchased a few items from different lines and they are always so unique and different from one another. I can’t wait to get more 

4. CHNGE

CHNGE is a really popular and fun brand. With over 2.3 million Instagram followers, I discovered their brand through Instagram Ads. They use sustainable fabrics and have donated over $300,000 to multiple different charities, which is so admirable. Not to mention, their clothes are fairly priced and so unique. From two toned shirts, to tie-dye sets, to water bottles or anything else you could think of, CHNGE is a company you need to check out. 

5. BoysLie

Haha okay so 1) love the brand name. But 2) this brand is literally something I wish I could afford. I’m putting it in here because maybe y’all can afford it but alas, I cannot. Anyways, BoysLie’s tagline is, “Boys fall in love with what they see. Girls fall in love with what they hear. That’s why girls wear makeup and Boys Lie.” I think that’s so clever. Yes, a generalization, but a clever one. The brand’s designs are so cool. I discovered them from REVOLVE’s website and I cannot even describe how insane their products are. It’s angelic but also every piece is so different. You HAVE to just look at this website or Instagram to know what I’m describing but 10/10 recommend their stuff. 

Above all, I love when I resonate with a brand’s message and all five of these brands I resonate with heavily. From their designs to their taglines, each of these businesses are unique, creative, and just fun. I know we all don’t have money to spend currently, but I encourage y’all to at least check these brands out the next time you find yourself needing some new leisurewear.

Savannah Hobbie is a senior Politics & International Affairs and Communications double major at Furman University. She hopes to attend law school after college. Aside from Her Campus, she is on the executive boards for both Panhellenic Council and the Chi Omega sorority at Furman. She is a mentor for Ladies of Distinction and is an orientation leader. She also has two internships serving as a social media manager. Her passions include self-care, writing about vulnerable topics, beauty, spreading love, and hyping people up!