Culture > News

Zupp FSU: Everything You Need to Know About How to Save Coin in Tallahassee

There are four weeks left in the semester (amen) and those broke college kid vibes are at an all-time high. After a full semester of partying, eating out and enjoying all that Tally has to offer, I think we can all agree that the only number higher than the balance in our bank account is our GPA… which is saying something. Luckily, a new app has made its way to the 850 to help us all save some coin while still enjoying our favorite treats and trips out!

Zupp is a membership-based app that aims to bring friends together by offering exclusive rewards at the spots you and your crew probably already love going! Just last week, Zupp members were treated to free acai bowls from 3 Natives, free sandwiches at WhichWich and free cover at Tenn nightclub, but the rewards don’t stop there. Zupp is constantly partnering with new restaurants, bars and clubs, to bring members gifts and discounts every day.

Current deals on the app include:

• 15% off purchase of acai, dragon, or chia pudding bowl at Vale (Plus a free bowl with no purchase necessary on 4/3!)
  • BOGO beer or wine at Grass Lands Brewing Co.
  • Free chips and drink with purchase of any large sub at OG Subs
  • Free small margarita with purchase of any entrée at Pancho’s Mexican Grill
  • $2 off any purchase at Doughlicious
  • $5 off Loaded Nachos or Buffalo Nachos at Tin Lizzy’s

And so much more! On top of offering great deals, ZUPP also helps you avoid the inevitable question, “What’s the move tonight?” by listing all the in-house deals offered by local bars and clubs under the “Experiences” tab.

To become a member, all you have to do is go to the app store, download Zupp and start your FREE one-month trial! After that, membership is only $5 a month. I totally get it, on top of Spotify (or Apple Music if you’re wrong), Netflix (or Hulu if you’re edgy), another subscription really doesn’t sound productive, BUT all of the savings make it so worth it! Most of the rewards start at $7 of savings so even if you only redeem one per month, you’re doing yourself a favor! I mean who doesn’t love free food and free cover, right?

If you’re reading this from out-of-town, don’t worry! ZUPP is also available at UCF and could possibly be coming to your university next. For a closer look at what daily deals are offered, follow Zupp on Instagram @zupp_fsu and @zupp_ucf, or download the Zupp app and start saving today!

Lauren graduated from FSU in the spring of 2021. She is now an Associate Communications and Employee Engagement consultant at Forty1, a division of The Creative Engagement Agency. While at HCFSU, Lauren served as a content writer, content editor, managing editor, and editor in chief. HCXO!
Her Campus at Florida State University.