Zoe Genkin: Lady Spirithunter and Lover of FSU Football

Name: Zoe Genkin

Year: Sophomore

Major: Social Work

Hometown: Sarasota, Florida

Relationship Status: Probably in love with the last guy who smiled at me.

Courtesy: Zoe Genkin

Her Campus (HC): What organizations are you involved in at Florida State?

Zoe Genkin (ZG): I’m a Lady Spirithunter, I’m on the leadership council of The Student Alumni Association and I’m a mentor for the Center of Leadership and Social Change.

HC: Could you tell us more about Lady Spirithunters?

ZG: Lady Spirithunters is an athletic-based, all-girls organization. We paint war stripes at all Varsity games and spread Seminole spirit along with having socials, community service opportunities and other fun events. The friends I have made through this organization are absolutely amazing and I couldn’t imagine my time at FSU without them.

HC: What is your favorite thing about Florida State?

ZG: I couldn’t choose just one thing. I love everything about this school.

HC: Aside from Lady Spirithunters, you also participate in Dance Marathon. What would you say to someone who is unsure about doing DM?

ZG: Do it! It is the most rewarding 20 hours of your life. Dance Marathon gives you the opportunity to be apart of something bigger then yourself and give back. If you don’t help [the kids] who will?

Courtesy: Zoe Genkin

HC: What is your favorite thing about FSU Football?

ZG: Winning, the excitement and school spirit at every game, and winning.

HC: Why did you choose FSU?

ZG: I applied to many schools in Florida, and FSU was the first that I visited. After walking on campus for the first time I knew this was the place for me. I can’t exactly explain why, it just felt right. Since I’ve been here I have fallen in love with it more every single day.

HC: What is one thing you cannot live without?

ZG: Chipotle. No explanation needed.

HC: What is your dream job?

ZG: I’ll let you know when I figure it out.

HC: What is your ideal date?

ZG: I’ve always wanted to go on a date in the bed of a pickup truck filled with blankets and pillows, wearing pajamas, eating pizza (or Chipotle) and ice cream with music in the background, [all] while stargazing. Then of course fireworks would go off in the distance.

HC: When are you the happiest?

ZG: I’m happiest whenever I’m with my family. My Mom and Dad are my two best friends and I couldn’t live without them. My sister is pretty cool too.

HC: Where is your favorite place you have traveled to or where do you want to travel to?

ZG: My favorite place I have ever been would definitely be Italy. I went there this summer and I fell in love with the country. I would go back in a second. The next place on my bucket list would be Greece!

Courtesy: Zoe Genkin

Miranda is a Senior at FSU pursuing a degree in Sports Management. Her interests mainly include sports, sports, and more sports although she was never the athlete (oops). Her love for sports balances out her girly ways. She can sit down and cheer on her favorite New York teams with just as much passion as buying a new top (on sale of course). She is absolutely obsessed with her puggle, scrolling Twitter, and sleeping in. She hopes to rule the sports world someday, own a baby elephant, live on the beach, and have a big family. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.