Zac Efron is Ted Bundy in ‘Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile’

High School Musical sweetheart Zac Efron is moving on to bigger, better and extremely wickeder things. In his newest movie, Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile, Efron plays the infamous serial killer and rapist, Ted Bundy. As students of FSU, we should all be aware of the crime Bundy committed at the Chi Omega house in 1978, where he attacked four young women. Only two of the four girls survived. Upon trial, Bundy admitted to killing 36 women in the 1970’s, but it is believed he killed closer to 100 women during his lifetime. Efron might seem like an odd choice for this sinister role, but he is actually a fantastic fit. Bundy was known for his handsome good looks and being misleadingly charming, a perfect cover for this notorious serial killer. While they are not completely perfect copies of each other, in the comparison below Zac does look eerily similar to Ted Bundy.

Courtesy: Twitter

This movie will not only feature Zac Efron as Bundy, but the lovely and talented Lily Collins as Bundy’s girlfriend, Elizabeth Kloepfer. Director According to IMDB the movie will be structured as, “A chronicle of the crimes of Ted Bundy, from the perspective of his longtime girlfriend, Elizabeth Kloepfer, who refused to believe the truth about him for years”. Zac and Lily are not the only big names signed for this movie. Others include Kaya Scodelario from Skins and The Maze Runner as Bundy’s wife later in life, Carol Anne Boone, and James Hetfield of Metallica as Officer Bob Hayward.

It will be interesting to see how Director Joe Berlinger chooses to portray the relationship between Bundy and Kloepher. He has promised to approach this historical biopic from a different angle than ever before. I am looking forward to seeing Bundy through the eyes of someone so close to him yet so oblivious of the monster lurking under his skin. I also have many questions regarding the direction this movie will be taken in. Will the audience only see him through Kloepher’s eyes, as a charming and endearing boyfriend, or will we be introduced to the Bundy we have all known through visions of his murders? We have all been blinded by love and compassion, but how far could you go before admitting defeat? It took Kloepher until the day she admitted to his crimes to fully realize and accept just how deadly and malicious Bundy was. 

I know the question we all want answers to, “Will Zac Efron be visiting us in Tallahassee?” and sadly, after all my research I have yet to find an answer. Follow Zac on Twitter or Instagram: @zacefron to keep up with the production of the film! He has been posting sneak peaks, like the one below captioned “Meet Ted”. A release date for the movie has not been set yet, but hopefully, we will not have to wait too long to see this interesting take on an Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile man.

Courtesy: Instagram

Rebecca is a junior at FSU majoring in creative writing. She enjoys reading novels until midnight (okay, maybe 2:00 AM), binge-watching shows on Netflix, and hiking in the mountains of North Carolina.
Her Campus at Florida State University.