I’m not sure about you, but quarantine has been a major time of rest for me. I had to turn this negative situation into something positive, and in return, I’ve found joy in being home every day and having so much free time. I’ve started planting (my aloe and spotted house plant are flourishing), cooking, meditating and so much more while I’ve been staying home. One new hobby I have picked up is binge-watching. My life before quarantine didn’t permit much time for television, so I wasn’t able to keep up with any shows or watch any movies. This downtime has allowed me to catch up on so much and try so many new series!

Quarantine has also exposed me to the world of YouTube. I was never much of a YouTube watcher before, but since the governor’s stay-at-home order, I have found time to dive into the endless videos YouTube has to offer! Check out my new go-to channels for all my quarantine feels below!

youtube app on smartphone
Szabo Viktor

Want to live the fab life?

All the time I was spending in the house made me wonder what my favorite celebrities were doing with their free time. I stumbled across Kylie Jenner’s YouTube channel and was instantly drawn in by the videos of her and her friends—all beautiful women, my age, living life to the fullest! They reminded me of my girl gang… but a lot richer. I then began to watch her bestie Anastasia Karanikolaou’s videos. Anastasia (a.k.a. Stassie) is so real and open about her glamorous LA life, posting vacation vlogs, clothing hauls, plastic surgery updates, etc. She is my leisure goals, and I’m currently living vicariously through her while stuck inside.

Looking for laughs?

Comedy is my go-to genre for shows and movies, so there is no wonder I love funny YouTube channels as well. Cut has been my favorite funny YouTube channel for some time, but quarantine has allowed me to dive deep into their channel. Currently, my favorite cut series are Truth or Drink, Lineup and Fear Pong. These are all games that have funny twists, and different contestants come for each episode! Glamour is also pretty funny! They have videos that are humorous but also quite interesting. For example, some of their series include videos in which three exes describe their relationship with the same partner, blind dates have interviews before and after the first date, and people ages 5-75 share their views on the same topic. 

Missing your fav eats?

I think this category is my absolute favorite. I love food, so anything food-related immediately catches my attention. The best foodie YouTube series has got to be Send Foodz. Hosted by entertainers Tim Chantarangsu and David So, Send Foodz is part of the channel Thrillist. Tim and David travel the world to try different foods at restaurants and various food events. I hope to one day travel to every place they have so I can try all the delicious meals they share on their channel. Until then, I’m living vicariously through them too while munching on my quarantine snacks, wrapped up in my coziest blanket.

I hope you’re finding fun and exciting ways to stay busy during quarantine! Maybe one of the channels mentioned above can add to the excitement. Be sure to stay inside, practice social distancing and stay safe! It’s bigger than just us! 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Arielle Lawson is a Senior at Florida State University pursuing a degree in Finance and a minor in Women's Studies. Her passions include reading, serving the surrounding community, and her Yorkie-Poo, Indygo. She aspires to change the current narrative of Women in society through her writing, service, and future profession in Higher Education.
Her Campus at Florida State University.