Your Ultimate Guide to Thomasville, Georgia

A lot of places to visit are included on your Florida State bucket-list; the Rez, the Capitol building and the newly renovated Cascades Park are just a few that always make the cut. All of these well-known destinations are close to get to, but if you decide to plan a weekend trip consider heading 30 minutes north to the quaint town of Thomasville, Georgia. Keep reading for a detailed guide about where you should to shop, eat and take the best Instagram pics while you’re there!

1. Where to Grab Some Coffee

Grassroots coffee is the perfect place to hang out and try some delicious flavored coffees, teas and homemade desserts. Some of their popular coffee drinks include everything from mochas to carmel macchiatos to frozen hot chocolates. If tea is more your style, try their fruity blends of blueberries and pomegranates. Make sure to arrive before 2 pm during the week and before 3 pm on Saturdays to enjoy their lunch deals where you can order hearty sandwiches and fresh salads. 

Courtesy: Jonathan Carbungco

2. Where To Eat Lunch and Dinner

Across the road from Grassroots Coffee is a place called Sweet Grass Dairy. As a self-proclaimed lover of cheese this is a spot you simply can not walk pass! They make cheese boards filled with samples of the best homemade cheeses and offer local field-to-flask liquors. Not a fan of cheese or have an allergy? Don’t worry because there is more to eat. Pork sandwiches, like the one pictured below, grassfed burgers and quinoa chicken salads are all offered to suit your fancy. Thier hours are Tuesday thru Saturday 11:00 am to 9:00 pm and they are closed on Sunday and Monday. 

Courtesy: Jonathan Carbungco

3. Jonah’s Fish & Grits

Seafood is served best at Jonah’s. Lunch is from 11 until 2 and during the week and until 5 on Saturdays. Jonah’s is known for their fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits and other quality homemade meals. The staff are noted for their southern hospitality and visitors from 2 hours away say this restaurant is worth the drive.

Courtesy: Jonathan Carbungco

4. Smallcakes Thomasville

Got a sweet tooth? Smallcakes Cupcakery and Creamery Thomasville has got you covered. They have gourmet cupcakes with unique flavors that change every month. Smallcakes shops are popping up all over the world and this one is right in the heart of Thomasville. Stop in while you walk around town to taste your very own red velvet, birthday cake or chocoholic creation.

Courtesy: smallcakes

5. Where to Shop

The shopping in Thomasville is easy to do because all the local shops are within walking distance. Each road is packed with cute boutiques, quirky antique shops and trendy

Here is a list of the top places you should visit:

1. The Bookshelf, an adult and children’s bookstore. Pro tip: they also have a section where you can take an unreleased preview of a book for free if you write a review on it!

2. Mimi’s The Look for Less, an affordable trendy clothing and jewelry store.

3. Apollo Records in the USA, an antique furniture and record shop. Pictured below!

4. Mode Boutique, has a mix of trendy and preppy picks for college women.

5. Kevin’s Fine Outdoor Gear and Apparel, an outdoor sporting goods store for all your fishing and hunting needs.

6. The Pale Moon Boutique, where you can find monogrammed pullovers and cute personalized gifts.

7. Loli’s Invitations & Things, an embroidery and monogramming shop.

8. At Home in Thomasville, a makeup, clothing and gift shop.  

Courtesy: Nikki Carver

Amanda is a Senior at Florida State University who loves writing about local Tallahassee culture, anything fashion related, and tips to help all college girls live a happy & healthy lifestyle! She also has her own blog, www.affordablebyamanda.com where she talks about beauty, lifestyle, fashion and college related tips!
Her Campus at Florida State University.