1. Tarte 12-Hour Amazonian Clay blush in Natural Beauty, $26

2. Benefit Boxed Powder in Rockateur, $28

3. Rimmel London blush trio in Autumn Catwalk, $5

4. Revlon Cream Blush in Berry Flirtatious, $10

5. Benefit Benetint, $30

My all-time favorite makeup products to buy in general are blushes. I love trying out different colors and formulations to see what works best with my skin type and tone. Rosy cheeks are something I like to sport all year round because their natural pink colors tend to brighten up my pale complexion and make me look, well, more alive!

The Tarte blush in “Natural Beauty” is one I’ve been lusting to try for months. It has the perfect berry rose color, and is completely matte. Although the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour blushes are incredibly pigmented, they are buildable, so you can apply a little and it will still be soft. I recommend using a big, fluffy powder brush for a more subtle flush and a smaller, dense brush for a bolder flush. These blushes are also long lasting, perfect for those college girls who go straight to work from classes.

At last, Benefit has added a new addition to their cult-favorite Box o’ Powders. “Rockateur” will have you rockin’ all night long with this pretty rose pink flush. This blush has a light sheen to it, which is nice because it adds a natural glow to the face. This will enhance your cheekbones to the max! I could just die at how cute the packaging is.

Rimmel London’s “Autumn Catwalk” blush trio became a hit among beauty queens all over the nation last fall. Blending the three colors together just gives the most radiant and natural looking warmth to the face. Its pigmentation is outstanding, and so is its price.

The cream or liquid blush concept is perhaps the most practical way to apply blush nowadays. This is perfect for us college girls who have all of five minutes to apply makeup in the morning before classes. Benefit’s “Benetint” achieves a sheer, rosy glow in a matter of seconds. With a long, narrow brush, it’s almost like applying nail polish to your face! For a drugstore alternative, try Revlon’s “Berry Flirtatious” and blend a generous amount with your fingertips for a berry-cute finish!

1. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in “Berry Smoothie,” $8

2. Tarte LipSurgence™ Luster in “Pouty”, $24

3. M.A.C. loves RiRi Lipstick in “Woo,” $15

4. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in “Plum Velour,” $7

The great thing about lipstick is that you can change it up every day. The dark lip trend for fall lets you venture to your dark side and play with some colors you otherwise might not have! I believe berries, reds, and plums are the most ideal lip colors for fall and enhance any skin tone.

The Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie has a purplish tint and pink undertones. Although a bit intimidating in the tube, this applies very sheer on the lips, but can be built up to a more intense color. The formula of these lipsticks is extremely moisturizing and smooth—something we’ll definitely be in need of for the impending cool weather.

A bit pricier but definitely worth it, the Tarte LipSurgence™ Luster formula produces a very similar berry sheen. The LipSurgences act as if they are twist-up crayons and are then colored on to the lips. I would say these products are closer to a lip stain more than anything, for they are extraordinarily long lasting and opaque.

Red is without a doubt the most timeless lip color. It adds such a lovely pop in the dreary and bleak months of fall and winter, which is why it topped my list. The particular red that I’ve chosen is unique because it is part of the Rihanna inspired collection for M.A.C. Cosmetics. Whether you’re a Rihanna fan or not, it is hard to ignore how gorgeously perfect her red lips are.

Whether you have bronze goddess colored skin like Megan Fox, or a pale porcelain complexion like Nicole Kidman, plum lips look remarkably stunning, especially with smoked liner and long lashes. Vampy makeup like this is deemed as playful yet sophisticated during the fall, or even the ideal makeup you’ll need to create for your optimal Halloween costume this year. Revlon’s Super Lustrous line of lipsticks is an exceptional breed from the drugstore—super moisturizing and strikingly pigmented color you can build up or leave subtly.

Ultimately, don’t be afraid to try different lip colors. You’d be surprised at how much color can change up your look, particularly when going from day to night with makeup. Plus, makeup lets you appear like five years older than you already are yet fairly mature and elegant – perfect for those times when a girl needs to fake her age, if you know what I mean. *wink wink*

Alexa is in her junior year here at FSU as an Editing, Writing, and Media major with a Communications minor. She found solace in writing as a form of self-expression and aspires to pursue a career involving media in a journalistic setting. She takes pride in her studies and works hard for her grades. When she has free time, you’ll find her hoarding makeup and handbags, online shopping, on YouTube, or listening to Adam Levine’s angelic voice. She has a fascination with Ernest Hemingway, and hopes to read all of his work someday. She is excited to be working on Her Campus this year as a staff writer, as well as run the Her Campus Facebook page. Come like HC FSU on Facebook to get quick updates on articles that get published to the site.You can also find her on twitter @alexa_please and on Instagram @alexaplease! =)
Maria Losada is a senior at Florida State University pursuing a double major in International Affairs and Editing, Writing and Media. She is driven by her passion for writing and seeks to inspire others through it.  She loves learning about different cultures, languages, and especially enjoys tasting international cuisines!  On her down time you can catch her dancing salsa, reading articles from Her Campus FSU, or daydreaming about her next travel destination. She hopes to live in Washington D.C.  and work for an international development agency."Little by little, one travels far."