You Won’t Want to Miss This Valentine’s Day in Tallahassee!

Whether you’re spending this Valentine’s Day with a Valentine or a Galentine, you can join plenty of events to enjoy the holiday! Here are some of my favorite events going on this year.

24th Annual Valentine’s Day Parade

This event takes place on Saturday, Feb. 11, and lasts from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., a whopping eight hours. It’s right outside of Tallahassee in the city of Crawfordville and is an absolute blast! They will have vendors for arts & crafts and multiple activities to participate in for the entire family (including bouncy houses). You can also help support the community through the multiple local businesses there, too! Overall, this parade will have so much for you and your Valentine/Galentines to do, you must check it out to get the ultimate Valentine’s Day experience.

Askew Student Life Center: Ready or Not

If a chill, casual night to reject the typical Valentine’s Day events seems like the type of thing for you, you should watch the ultimate anti-romance movie at the ASLC, Ready or Not (2019) on Feb. 10. What would be a better way to spend the holiday than a thriller? It’s free for all FSU students with a valid FSU ID, $3 for FSU faculty/staff/alumni, and $6 for general admission.

Bricks & Brass Valentine’s Day Brunch

If you’re looking for a luxurious yet tasty experience, Bricks and Brass’ The Ultimate Love Affair: Valentine’s Edition brunch is the spot to be on Sunday, Feb. 12! You’ll encounter traditional Southern-style brunch options as well as bottomless mimosas (for the 21+ crowd). It lasts all the way from noon until 4 p.m., so make sure to check it out for a classy unique experience right here in Tallahassee.

The Fuzzy Pineapple’s Valentine’s Day Paint and Sip Paint Party

Looking for a more hands-on experience? The Fuzzy Pineapple’s Valentine’s Day Paint Party is for you! For $35 dollars, you’ll get to create your own painting with step-by-step instructions with your Valentine. If you’re over 21+, you can bring your own alcoholic drinks as well. They provide snacks for you, so make sure to join this painting party with your Valentine for an artsy bonding experience on Feb. 14 at 7 p.m.!

Valentine’s Day Latin Dance Party

If you’re looking to party this holiday away, make sure to check out the Latin Dance Party hosted by El Jalisco Capital Circle on Friday, Feb. 10 at 8 p.m.! Listen to these top Latin hits and make sure to bring your Galentines with you for a night you’ll remember!

Couple’s Massage Session

Want something more intimate for this Valentine’s Day? You should check out this couple’s massage class. Imagine… You are your partner giving at-home massages to one another, with the technique of a real masseuse. In Couple’s Pampering Session: Massage Techniques for Two, you and your Valentine can learn how to be the ultimate masseuse for your partner and build a deeper connection. This is a private instruction class all for $159 so make sure to book this luxury bonding experience.

2023 Race 4 Love

If you’re looking to keep active this Valentine’s Day, you should join this virtual run for $19.99! You can choose your own distance and 15 percent of every registration will be donated to Heart to Heart International. What could be better than getting a good workout in and helping a community at the same time? At the end of the race, you’ll report your time and get a medal and bib for your hard work. The best part of it is, you can do it any day in February!

Join in on the fun here in Tallahassee this Valentine’s Day!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Reese Hrannarsson is a staff writer at the Her Campus at Florida State University chapter. She writes bi-weekly articles surrounding personal, culture, and campus topics. Beyond Her Campus, Reese is the Director of Finance for Florida State University's Women Student Union and the Secretary for the Women In Government club. She is a sophomore majoring in Political Science and Economics and is interested in working in government. In her free time, Reese enjoys going biking and spending time with family and friends. She also loves travelling and hopes to travel to every U.S. capital.