If an article were to ever write itself this one just about did. Talking about Harry Styles is indisputably one of my favorite past times. There is just so much to discuss and unpack about a man who truly does it all. From being undoubtedly one of the most musically gifted human beings of all time (and yes I recognize the slight bias here) to his more recent dabbling work in acting, Harry Styles does do it all. 

I can easily tell how people could interpret this story as a fan simply writing to advocate for one of their favorite artists. However, this is not the case as I am not trying to convert people to become fans of his work. Moreover, I want to focus attention on the empowering and inspiring role model that he is – not to mention that he does not hurt to look at. 

As I said, while I could go on and on about his talents and contributions to the music and film industries, even more important is his outspokenness for political movements and his willingness to stand up for what is right as well as the meaning and messages that he radiates. A few things to note include the following;

1. He is a fashion icon who is shattering gender stereotypes in fashion.

Harry has certainly grown out of his early frat boy phase from One Direction. Nowadays you can spot Harry styling (no pun intended) in anything from suits to gowns and even tights. He emphasizes that fashion cannot be confined to any specific gender. In fact, in one of his more recent photoshoots to promote his second album, Fine Line, Harry flawlessly rocked a pink tutu and tights. 

2. His kindness and love for people are so broad and wide that it could warm the coldest of hearts. 

One of my all-time favorite Harry Styles songs is brilliantly titled “Treat People With Kindness” (TWPK). As you can imagine, this song is all about promoting and spreading positivity and love to everyone and anyone. Harry has embraced fully embraced  TPWK and has even adopted it as his mantra. The phrase can be found on all kinds of merchandise and is often used as a sign off of tweets and letters. In addition to the song, Harry emanates kindness to everyone he interacts with, he is unbelievably loyal and devoted to his fans and makes sure to express his gratitude any chance he gets. 

3. He is a very vocal LGBTQ+ supporter.

lgbt banner
42 North

If you have ever seen pictures or videos of a Harry concert, chances are that if he was not cracking jokes or rocking out, he was draped with the pride flag. While not ever discussing his sexuality, Harry incorporates and advocates for inclusivity at seemingly every opportunity that he gets. On top of creating a safe and fun atmosphere for the LGBTQ+ community, Harry has even helped fans come out to their parents and peers.  

Believe me, this is perhaps the shortest list in the existence of reasons to love Harry Styles. There is an infinite amount of praise and things to be said about him but for lengths sakes, these stuck out to be the most impactful and meaningful. His kindness and love that he shows for others is something that we could all learn from. Especially at a time of such hostility and aggression in the world, it is extremely important to remember to appreciate and respect people. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube and Pinterest!

Just a gal who loves her cat, coffee and thinks quoting movies or tiktoks is a personality trait :)
Her Campus at Florida State University.