Women Celebrities Making Big Body-Positive Moves

Typically when one thinks of Hollywood, he or she thinks about the perfect bodies, perfect smiles, perfect skin, and perfect look that most celebrities strive for. However, ready yourselves to get those plastic views of Hollywood out of you head. Several proud female celebrities have begun to turn heads with their appearances that break the cookie-cutter molds.

Keira Knightley

Our favorite English actress, Keira Knightley has starred in some of our all-time favorite movies such as Pirates as of the Caribbean, Love Actually, Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace, and Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. She has already won our hearts with her strong acting skills, but now she is winning over our hearts in other ways. Keira is going au naturel as part of her recent anti-Photoshop campaign.

In 2004 she publicly shamed the flat chest haters who used the silicone Photoshop tool to make her itty-bitties look fuller. Ten years later she is still protesting the use of Photoshop on models and celebrities alike, saying that she loves herself just the way she is, and we should love our bodies too. Recently she told Interview Magazine that she would only agree to shoot topless with them if her pictures were not passed through Photoshop. Personally, we love these pictures much more than any that Photoshop could have conjured up!

Jennifer Aniston

From the stripper turned mom in We’re the Millers to the beautiful Rachel Green from Friends, Jennifer Aniston is no stranger to being on our screens. She’s always looked completely stunning in all of her roles, but this time she’s managed to look stunning in a totally different way. Aniston is currently filming a new indie movie Cake, and has decided that ditching her makeup and signature blond blowout hair will help her to embody her new role as Claire Simmons in the movie. Aniston commented that being without makeup was “so fabulous, so dreamy and empowering and liberating.”

Aniston seen while filming the movie in Los Angeles

“When I read the script I was ready to disappear. It was so empowering and liberating to just put scars on my face,” Aniston commented. The only time that Aniston sat in a makeup chair was to get her character’s signature scar added to her face. At the Toronto International Film Festival where the movie was premiered, Aniston received a standing ovation for her efforts to create more body-positive images.

So take a look in the mirror, Collegiates. Is that makeup really necessary? Is all of that time you’re putting into making sure every hair is in place worth it? Take a hint from some of Hollywood’s greatest and realize that you look perfect just the way you are. Friends and family will accept you for you, and those who don’t know you will wish they did after they see how much confidence and pride you exude. “Body confidence doesn’t come from trying to achieve the perfect body, it comes from embracing the one you’ve already got.”

Cassi is a junior at Florida State University. As an Environmental Studies major, Cassi likes outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, and going to parks. She is part of a community Service Fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega, which has brought her to some very unique and exciting experiences around Tallahassee. From washing dogs to preparing food for the elderly, Cassi loves to help the community out any way that she can. In her free time, Cassi likes to paint, read, take bubble baths, wreck her boyfriend at chess, beat the high score to Mrs. Pac Man at Voodoo Dog, play with her hamsters, or attend concerts. As always, this Seminole bleeds Garnet and Gold! 
Her Campus at Florida State University.