Style

Winter Outfit Ideas for Everyday of the Week

We all have those days where we look at our closet and feel like we have absolutely nothing to wear. I don’t know about you, but the first thing I do on those days is go on Instagram to try and find some inspiration. Sometimes, I find exactly what I’m looking for. Other times, I realize that I live in Florida and it’s usually too hot to wear the winter outfits that I see. This inspired me to put some winter outfits together for days where it’s cold, but maybe not THAT cold. If you live anywhere that ever has snow, throw a coat over any one of these outfits and you’ll be set. 

Outfit 1:

I absolutely love layering, I think it’s the best way to stay warm outside and not overheat inside. In this outfit, I started with a simple, black turtleneck and a pair of mom jeans from Zara. In my opinion, one good pair of mom jeans can do wonders. From there, I added a crewneck sweatshirt from Brandy Melville, which provided extra warmth. In order to give the outfit some structure, I added a belt. Lastly, I put on a gold layered necklace from Francesca’s and some black ankle booties that matched my belt. 

Outfit 2:

The second outfit I put together is very simple yet looks put together. I find that pants like these are so comfortable and tend to wear them very often. These are from Zara, but you can find similar ones at H&M. I highly recommend finding a pair of pants that fit you well and that you can throw on with any top, they’ve saved me on many occasions. I paired the pants with a white long sleeve top and then added a cropped black denim jacket on top. My jacket is also from Zara, but you can pair any jacket with this look. I found a similar jacket from Forever 21, as well. I wore some leather booties to complete the look.

Outfit 3:

Wearing all black is always easy, it matches and never fails to make you look good. In this outfit, I wanted to show you that shoes can make an outfit. With black shoes, this outfit would have looked very boring. By adding these fun booties that have silver texture on them, I created a

focal point. Make sure, if you add an accessory that is kind of busy, to keep the rest of your accessories and outfit simple. My boots are no longer available, but you can find a selection of ankle boots with fun designs at Macy’s.  As for my pants, I got them at Zara, but you can find black cargo pants virtually anywhere.

Outfit 4:

Oversized jackets are it right now. They’re very easy to throw on over any outfit and can completely change the look. The one I’m wearing is from Forever 21, which has a good variety of jackets for whatever your preference is. Along with the jacket, I am wearing the same jeans from Outfit 1  and a t-shirt with some text on it. Graphic tees are a good way to add some depth and detail to a simple outfit. For shoes, I wore my favorite white sneakers.

Outfit 5:

This last outfit is the most basic. I paired some medium wash mom jeans with a crewneck sweatshirt. I purposefully wore a top that was a similar color to the jeans to demonstrate how much of an impact a belt can have. If I hadn’t worn the belt, I would probably look like a blue blob. The belt emphasized the natural separation of my torso and legs, and also serves as a focal point. Just as the silver boots that I wore earlier, this belt adds detail to a plain outfit. There’s a similar one to the one I’m wearing at Forever 21. I wore the same white sneakers with this outfit as I did with the previous one.

I hope you found some inspiration in this post!

All body images courtesy of Caroline Dejtiar.  

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Retail Entrepreneurship Major at Florida State.
Her Campus at Florida State University.