Why We Should Stop Saying Tallahassee is Boring

Pretty much everyone that lives in Tallahassee can agree upon the fact that Florida State is the best school in the country. Other than your weekly trip to Clydes & Costello’s on a Monday or checking the clock to see when the next appropriate time is to get drunk again, here are some more ways to pass time before you reach for that beer in your fridge!

1) Cascades Park

We all love fall in Tallahassee! Prepare to bring out those Ugg boots soon because we know the minute it hits 70 degrees it will become a hot commodity! Cascades Park is located South of the state capitol. So if you’re ever stressed out from your “SYFI” vibes of almost flunking out of college, come take a stroll at Cascades. Puppies, some extra cardio and staring at the bar through the Edison windows never hurt anybody!

Courtesy: ThePhotographerswife.com

2. BRUNCH IT UP!

If you Google “fun things to do in Tallahassee,” this is the first suggestion that pops up. An amazing brunch place I would recommend is Bada Bean. Bada Bean is located on Appalachee. Not only does this place serve breakfast ALL DAY *Kanye voice*, it also has a coffee bar that is self-serve. I know when I wake up on a Sunday all I try to NOT think about is my agenda (that I barely use) that has tons of assignments due on Monday, even though it’s almost the third week of school. So, pass some time and go for brunch! Invite your friends that have the Sunday blues and be sad together over cinnamon roll pancakes and the endless coffee bar. Of course, to refrain from being a buzzkill at brunch, no talk of homework at the breakfast table!

Courtesy: Foodio54.com

3) Road Trip to the Beach

Take a group of friends, split the gas and make a trip. One place to visit is Mexico City Beach in Bay County, and it is known for its super soft, white sand. You will come across many seaside town homes with a bunch of restaurants that are totally acceptable to dine in your bikinis on the way. So pack a picnic (make sure to check to see if there’s a Pub Sub deal, of course) and get on the road!

Courtesy: G3 Realty Group

4) Wakulla Springs

Of course, being a college student, we realize that our free time is extremely rare! Wakulla Springs is the perfect chance to have a getaway experience without actually leaving too far from home! Wakulla Springs is a freshwater spring that people can snorkel and swim in! The springs are open 365 days a year so there’s no excuse to get out there! Living in Tallahassee for almost three years now has taught me to make my own fun out of things. Don’t just stay bored on your couch and get out there! 

Courtesy: Tallahassee.com

5) Food Truck Wednesday

If you’re anything like me, switching off between your three favorite foods in the house can get irritating. Food Truck Wednesday is in downtown Tallahassee right off Gaines Street. The food trucks are there from 11:00 a.m. – 2p.m every Wednesday! So instead of being indecisive inside, you might as well be indecisive about where to eat outside and enjoy the weather (and eat 3 things from every food truck). 

Courtesy: Food Trucks

Her Campus at Florida State University.