Where to Study Abroad Based on Your Zodiac Sign

Studying abroad is truly a once in a lifetime experience that goes by faster than you can imagine. Although moving to a foreign city for an extended period of time can seem like a lot, you don’t want to waste a second. You want to make sure the destination you choose is best suited to your needs to ensure the best experience possible. So yes, you can turn to your advisor on picking the best location abroad, but what’s the fun in that?

Aries: Sydney, Australia

Courtesy of Vancouver Is Awesome

Aries are natural-born adventurers. Always looking for a new journey or challenge to tackle, Sydney is the destination to fuel their fire. Their passion and motivation shine through everything they do and in this unique environment with oceans, reefs, deserts and lifestyle at every corner, an Aries has no choice but to sail through this city. Their wild side will be unveiled in this exhilarating yet easy-going location. Aries are determined for success and they will be able to thrive in any challenge presented with the influence of living in Australia.

Taurus: Florence, Italy

Courtesy of Hand Luggage Only

Being an Earth sign, Taurus always tends to gravitate toward a serene, relaxing environment while enjoying aromas and flavors that leave them soothed. It is to no surprise that Italian culture and lifestyle encapsulates all of these feelings, specifically Florence. Florence is a hub for rich food, culture and art in the Tuscan region. What makes Florence so unique from other major Italian cities is that it has this calm essence that will make a Taurus feel focused and secure to pursue their ambition. 

Gemini: Amsterdam, Netherlands

Courtesy of Fluent In 3 Months

The sign of the Gemini, represented by twins, is sometimes perceived to have two personalities. Geminis are both very non-stop hard workers who are always taking on a new task, but they also have a very playful and carefree outlook on life. These two characteristics can be hard for a Gemini to balance on a day-to-day basis but when they work together, it can lead to a very happy life. Amsterdam is one of the few destinations that encapsulates both those traits. During the day, there is so much to do and see and people are always moving. There is no time to be leisure during the day. But later on, with a notorious nightlife, Amsterdam comes alive and becomes the perfect place for a Gemini to let loose and be themselves after a long day.

Cancer: Barcelona, Spain

Courtesy of Viator

Represented by the crab, Cancers are driven by land and water to navigate their emotions. Barcelona is the perfect balance of sea and shore to keep a Cancer balanced and at peace. Cancers tend to lead with emotion but can often be consumed by it. Environmental factors can help them stay centered. Barcelona can become that safe haven a Cancer needs with its breathtaking, vibrant architecture and enriching food that can heal the feels. Even just sitting on top of Park Güell to see the city beneath your feet can help you sift through your inner thoughts. 

Leo: London, England

Courtesy of Lonely Planet

With London being described as “the New York of Europe,” it is only fitting that this is where a Leo belongs. Because a Leo is represented by a lion, they have this instinctive need to be praised, theatrical and fierce. They feel elite and royal to those around them, fitting in perfectly with the governing style in the United Kingdom. Leos are ambitious beings who thrive off of the theatrics of life, making London’s strong presence of Broadway theater imperative to their sense of belonging. Overall, their resilience and determination are what will make them stand above all in the fast-paced, magical city of London. 

Virgo: Santorini, Greece

Courtesy of Discover Greece

Perfection is what fuels and rules a Virgo. This strong attention to detail in anything they do, see or taste is what makes Santorini their needed destination. Although they may not know it, Virgos are always trying to improve while never giving themselves an opportunity to breathe. This makes Santorini the perfect place for a Virgo to enjoy a nearly-perfect aesthetic city while submerging themselves in the calm escape of the ocean and architecture. A Greek salad wouldn’t hurt in this process either. 

Libra: Ghent, Belgium

Courtesy of Kevin and Amanda

A sign that strives for the aesthetics of life, Libras are balanced by symmetry, knowledge and environment. Their need for this very specific sense of peace makes Ghent, Belgium the place to go. Filled with history, intellect and relaxation, Ghent is the place to go to admire a calming cultural atmosphere. Simply sitting on a bench with a waffle or Frites in hand while viewing the seamless architecture is all a Libra would need to feel their sought-after sense of harmony. 

Scorpio: Dublin, Ireland

Courtesy of Travel Triangle

Scorpios are often misunderstood among all the signs. They are very calculated beings, but that is just their nature. Their intent is good but there’s always a plan in motion. They typically hide in the background because they go off intuition. However, the simple life of living in Dublin will help shake things up for them. Something as nonchalant as going to a pub with friends after a long day will help them let loose and go with the flow. Studying abroad in Ireland will push them just far enough out of their comfort zone while still feeling in control of their life.

Sagittarius: Munich, Germany

Courtesy of Travel Triangle

Being a Sagittarius means being on the constant pursuit for knowledge and adventure. Traveling and seeking out the importance of life is what fuels their very fire. On the constant move, looking for a new journey, Munich, Germany is their ideal hub for adventure. Munich is one of the major cities in Germany filled with culture, history, fashion, art and depth. It is one of those rare places that can make one feel like they’re both in a classic fairytale and a medieval war. As a Sagittarius, always looking for change, there is also easy access to a major airport that can take you anywhere you want to go while falling in a college budget. 

Capricorn: Split, Croatia

Courtesy of Telegraph

Independence and intuition are driving factors for a Capricorn’s success. Being in the heart of Croatia, their ability to channel their emotional side will carry them to overcome any physical or psychological obstacle. Capricorns are said to age backward and during this time abroad they will balance both their mature and youthful sides while being surrounded by the historical and coastal parts of Split. They might get into mischief along the way, but that comes with the territory of a Capricorn as they are always looking for ways to test themselves and have a good time. 

Aquarius: Geneva, Switzerland

Courtesy of UNOPS

Known for their humanitarian efforts, an Aquarius is always seeking to do right by people. Whether on a political scale or just from a day-to-day basis, Aquariuses are free-thinkers who stand for people and have a voice. Geneva, Switzerland is the ideal European location to implement these ideals because Geneva houses the United Nations European headquarters and the UN Human Rights Council. An Aquarius would thrive in this progressive environment while challenging their so sought-after need for independence.

Pisces: Paris, France

Courtesy of Independent

With a strong sense of creativity, any Pisces would thrive in Paris. Surrounded by some of the best museums and architecture in the world, such as the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower, there are many outlets to fuel their artistic side and imagination. Also, with the emotional side that comes with a Pisces, always being led by their compassion and sensitivity, it is fair to say that this city of love will keep them feeling at peace. If all else fails, a simple box of macaroons or shopping spree could be just the kind of escape they need. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest!

Media/Communications Studies Major
Her Campus at Florida State University.