If you’re anything like me, you came back to campus super confused about why Suwannee was closed, where the union food court went, and what was happening to Greek Life. I’m going to break down those changes and even more of what happened between last semester and now, so get ready!

1. New Suwannee Dining Hall

Courtesy: FSView

If you’ve tried to get into Suwannee Dining Hall this semester you probably came face to face with plywood planks that have been put over every entrance and exit. Suwannee hall closed late last semester for renovations and is projected to open back up in Summer 2018. The new hall will have a more modernized look with an open kitchen, full-service bakery, expanded salad bar, private dining rooms, and a special area for nut and gluten-free foods! For the time being, Suwannee has moved its operations to the Union dining hall, where you can swipe in and out and eat as much as your heart desires until the new Suwannee hall opens back up. They have some of the same stations as the old Suwannee: grill, pizza & pasta, salad bar, deli, comfort, bakery and more.

2. Oglesby Union Dining

So now that Suwannee is in the union, where did all those great places go? Here’s a list of locations to all of your favorites!

• Seminole Pies – Community Table @ Oglesby Union
  • La Cocina – select features can be found at the Street Eats truck @ Union Green
  • Mein Bowl – Passport at 1851 @ Azalea Hall
  • natural! – visit their sister store natural! Express @ Leach Center

3. The Greek Life Ban

The Greek Life ban placed last semester by President Thrasher is still in effect. The ban was put in place last semester just before Homecoming, and Thrasher has said that Greek Life culture needs to seriously change before reinstatement can be considered. Despite that, he has also said that this ban is a pause but has no set timeline for when Greek Life will be reinstated.

4. A New Head Football Coach

Courtesy: Twitter

Unless you lived under a rock, you know that a certain someone left FSU football last semester. But fear not, football fans, Willie Taggart is here to save the day! He’s had successful runs at the University of Oregon, University of South Florida, and Western Kentucky University before us so let’s see what he can do! He’s got a whole semester of practice and training to get acclimated to our boys so hopefully, we can have a better season than last.

5. Oglesby Union Construction

Courtesy: FSView

As you can tell, a lot has been going on at Oglesby Union. Starting this semester, the union is expected to go under $120 million worth of changes. According to FSUNews, “The concept is indoor-outdoor with stormproof glass walls that allow students to see what’s going on inside with different groups, as well as dining areas,” and “75 percent of the Union will be new construction and the entire building will total 286,00 square-feet after completion.” While this construction won’t start until after Spring 2018 graduation, there are some great things in store for this new union. A new bookstore totaling 25,000 square-feet, gender-neutral bathrooms on each floor, and possibly wireless printing throughout!

Her Campus at Florida State University.