What Your Favorite Valentine’s Day Treat Says About You

An inevitable, sickeningly-sweet part of Valentine’s Day is all the candy and treats that suspiciously show up in grocery and convenience stores. They’re never-ending, cute and perfectly pink-colored. They always seem to come out with new shapes and flavors every year (I’m looking at you, Reese’s). How are you supposed to resist? The good news is in: you don’t have to. However, the seasonal sweet treat you pick around Valentine’s Day definitely says a lot about you, as well as your romantic endeavors. If you have a favorite love-themed candy, keep reading to find out what it means for you.

Conversation Hearts

The most classic of classics. You like to keep things simple, go with the flow and not sweat the small stuff too much. Your palate is simple, and you’re super easy to please. You’ll probably be spending this Valentine’s Day with your best friends, watching a cheesy rom-com and chowing down on some of your favorite treats. (Maybe ranting about a stupid boy, too, but who’s to say?)

Box of Assorted Chocolates

Box of chocolates
Via Jill Wellington on Pixabay

You’re a true hopeless romantic. You absolutely adore Valentine’s Day and all the sickeningly romantic tropes that go along with it. You’re sophisticated, chic and your style is probably immaculate. You also might be pretty stubborn with a tough skin, but secretly soft underneath all that. Whether you currently have a significant other or not, you’ll be with some sort of love interest on Feb. 14.

Hershey’s Kisses

You’re a little new to this whole love thing, and maybe you’re even a little immature. You have your head in the clouds at times, but it’s only because you’re a total daydreamer. It’s not a bad thing, though. You dream big and have huge ambitions, always ready for something new to come your way. Come back to earth for now, lovebird, because you’ll need to have your eyes peeled for a new someone special coming into your life this Valentine’s Day.

Specialty Holiday Coffee Drinks

Coffee Latte Art
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

You’re a woman on the go. You’re fast-paced, busy and have a ton of responsibilities on your plate. You likely have a high-stakes job or are making strides to do well in school. In most cases, you don’t have time for relationships because you’re focusing on yourself. This Valentine’s Day, self-love should be the only thing on your to-do list. Relax, take a break and throw on a face mask. You deserve it! Sometimes the best Valentine is yourself.

Whatever your favorite treat is, Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to indulge. Whether you’re by yourself, with a partner or just with friends, take time to appreciate life and truly cherish where you are. Valentine’s Day isn’t just about romantic love, it’s a day to show your affection toward everyone in your life that you care about. Write cards for your friends, call your parents and snuggle your pets a little closer. While we should be celebrating love every day, Valentine’s Day is just an excuse to show extra affection towards the ones who need it most.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

I'm a senior at Florida State University studying Editing, Writing, and Media with a minor in Film Studies and Computer Science. I'm passionate about music, movies, and media!
Her Campus at Florida State University.