Sky High: Feb. 1

Courtesy: Disney Movies

Feel like reminiscing on your childhood? Come watch one of the coolest and most underrated superhero movies of our generation. Sky High follows the story of Will Stronghold, son to two of the greatest superheroes, attending a school in the sky where teens learn how to be superheroes. With all of the action, comedy, witty banter and romance you could ever want in a movie, this early 2000s classic is definitely one you should plan to go see at the ASLC!

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Feb. 6 – 9

Courtesy: Golden Screen Cinemas

Missed this one in theaters? Don’t sweat! The ASLC has your back. Video game bad guy Ralph and fellow misfit Vanellope von Schweetz embark on a crazy adventure through the internet world in an attempt to save Vanellope’s arcade game “Sugar Rush.” With fun, adventure and a friendship like no other, you won’t want to miss this gem at the ASLC!

Ace in the Hole: Feb. 7 – 8

Courtesy: The Criterion Collection

This early 1950s film follows the story of reporter Chuck Tatum who, after bouncing from job to job, lands a position at a newspaper in New Mexico. With not much pressing news to report on, once Tatum caught wind of a treasure hunter trapped in a mineshaft, Tatum turns the story into a media sensation. Tatum starts to use crafty and ruthless tactics to draw out the situation that later comes back to haunt him. Come see it at the ASLC!

Grave of the Fireflies: Feb. 12 – 13

Courtesy: Not Even Past

This animated film tells the tale of siblings Seita and Setsuko, who after an American firebombing during World War II were separated from their parents. Now completely relying on each other, these kids have to navigate through a world that poses many challenges and obstacles in order to stay together. With a heavy meditation on the consequences of war, this movie is as heartbreaking as it is true to life. Make sure you catch this one!

The Miseducation of Cameron Post: Feb. 14 – 16

Courtesy: Goodreads

This movie follows the story of young teen Cameron, who upon getting caught in the backseat of a car with the prom queen, is sent away to a remote treatment center called God’s Promise. While she is being subjected to questionable gay conversion therapy, she makes friends with a few of the fellow residents as they pretend to go along with the process as they wait for their release. Don’t miss this movie at the ASLC!

Heavy Metal: Feb. 15

Courtesy: IMDb

With adventures ranging from places like futuristic New York to outer space, this movie entails a series of stories that all center around the domination of the Loch’nar- a green sphere that manifests the power of all evils. This evil infects all galaxies, all dimensions and all times. Some try to gain possession of it, others worship it, few escape it. From war to death, it seems to thrive through it all. Don’t forget to catch this film at the ASLC!

Katarina is a senior at Florida State University studying Creative Writing with a double minor in Education and Communications. You can find her at your local library reading a good book or writing for her blog https://katarinamartinez13.wixsite.com/kmartinezreads As an aspiring novelist and content writer, she is always looking to spread love and joy everywhere she goes.
Her Campus at Florida State University.