Last week, Netflix released the sequel of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. After having a successful response to the first movie of the series, fans had been excited for about 16 months for the sequel, P.S. I Still Love You. A few months before the sequel released, Lana Condor and Noah Centineo, the main characters of the series, released a video explaining how they were currently on set for filming Always and Forever, Lara Jean. For fans who did not read the books, this is the third and final book title of the series. This can only mean that Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky’s story is coming to a close, but what can possibly happen in the next film?

Well, assuming the film will be faithful to the third novel, Always and Forever, Lara Jean will continue with Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky’s senior year of high school. No more recipients of love letters will pop up and jeopardize their relationship, but there will be some big decisions made. One huge issue that is based in the third book and film is college. In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Condor stated, “I think she just really starts to make decisions for herself. At the end of the day, as a young woman, you have to protect your own heart and make the decisions that are truly right for you regardless of the other people that surround you.” Based off of this, fans are expecting the struggle of a  long-distance relationship between Lara Jean and Peter. After so much drama getting in the way of them having a normal relationship in the first and second film, the third movie will be more about the conflict between the two characters, rather than outside conflicts. This theory brought from the book was also confirmed by the author, Jenny Han, in an interview with Entertainment Tonight as well. Han talked about how fans are going to be able to see  real-life  issues come into play when it comes to Lara Jean and Peter’s relationship. Candor also responded to that by stating, “We tackle more real-life situations because there’s really no distractions, it’s just him and I.” In other words, the third film will have more opportunities to see Noah Centineo and Lana Condor’s chemistry on the big screen.

A girl saying let\'s do this
Giphy

Although filming for the third film ended in Sept. 2019, there is no set date for the trailer or the film. According to Cosmopolitan, fans can maybe expect the film to be released in the summer of 2021, based on the time apart from the first and second film. Some pictures of the cast filming in New York City have leaked and Condor has expressed they shot a lot in Korea and hopes to see most of them make the cut for the film. Other than that, not much more has been released, but fans are anxious to see the final movie and only hope for the best for Lara Jean and Peter K’s love story.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Victoria Cardoso is an Editing, Writing, and Media major at Florida State University. When she’s not writing for Her Campus FSU, she’s probably watching Harry Potter, reading a book, or eating a slice of pizza.
Her Campus at Florida State University.