The season finale of WandaVision is now streaming on Disney+, and after nine weeks of waiting, speculating and theorizing, we finally have the answers we’ve been looking for—well, some of them. The series wraps up nicely but still leaves us with some major cliffhangers that will hopefully pay off in upcoming installments within the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). 

If you haven’t watched the finale of WandaVision, this is your cue to watch it and come back to this article later.

*SPOILER WARNING*

Person watching Marvel
Photo by Clément M. from Unsplash

The episode starts right where the story left off in episode eight—Agatha Harkness has the young Maximoff twins trapped by magical strings as she taunts Wanda to use her magic against her. This kicks off a showdown between the two witches, while a much-awaited fight between Vision and “White Vision” simultaneously begins.

Before this series aired, Paul Bettany (the actor who portrays Vision) teased that there would be a cameo from someone he has always wanted to work alongside. For months, fans theorized who this actor would be. I heard names like Benedict Cumberbatch, Michael Fassbender, Patrick Stewart and even Al Pacino, but the surprise cameo turned out to be himself as “White Vision.” In an interview with GMA, Bettany claimed that he thought this tease would be a funny joke to play on the fans. However, when people started guessing who it was going to be, he panicked that they might be disappointed to find out it was just him all along. Bettany’s joke has gotten some mixed reviews, but most fans seem to find it a funny and ingenious way to mess with them.

As far as Vision’s fate, we see yet another heartbreaking goodbye between him and Wanda, in which some of their last words to each other are: “We have said goodbye before, so it stands to reason—” and, “We’ll say hello again.” After seeing Vision die a handful of times throughout his presence in the MCU, this gives viewers hope that he will reappear yet again in the future.

WandaVision fans have closure with the version of Vision that Wanda created, but what about “White Vision?” After Wanda’s Vision transfers his memory to his counterpart, he flees mid-episode and completely disappears. This is one of the biggest cliffhangers fans are left with at the end of the series, but we can assume that this won’t be his last appearance. 

Another puzzling part of the episode is the true identity of Agatha’s husband, Ralph. When Evan Peters was recast as Pietro, fans hoped that it would tie in Fox’s X-Men films and open up the multiverse world that will be explored in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness coming in 2022. This theory hasn’t been completely disproven, but it’s pretty likely that Peters was cast as a ploy for Marvel superfans looking out for a major crossover. There may be something deeper going on here, or maybe Ralph Bohner is just an actor, but only time will tell.

This finale gave us a lot of things to continue speculating about and looking forward to, and one of those is the direction Monica Rambeau’s character will go in from here. We see that her powers have developed and know she will likely go by the name of Spectrum, but her next steps and the identity of the person looking for her in her after-credits scene remain a mystery. 

Will the twins come back? Will the Maximoff family reunite? Who was looking for Monica in her after-credits scene? When will we see Agatha again? Fans will have to patiently wait for these answers. Luckily, we only have to wait two weeks for more MCU content when The Falcon and the Winter Soldier premiers on Disney+. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYouTube and Pinterest!

I'm a senior double majoring in Media/Communication Studies and Editing, Writing, and Media at Florida State University. I love Jesus, traveling, coffee, and music.
Her Campus at Florida State University.